NEO**B

My pc specs are - 

r5-1600 @1.4v @4100Mhz

Asrock B450-pro4

3000 mhz xpg 8gb *2 running at 2666

2*120gb sata ssd + 2*7200 1tb hdd

Inno3D RTX 2060 non super 6gb ddr6 192bit

I'm looking for a good psu. 

In my local market after some research I've selected "cooler master mwe 650/750 gold fully modular" or "corsair tx650m semi modular gold".

which one is better ? Is 550 watt enough for my build or 650 or higher ?

Now i have vs 550 which is not liked by a lot of people and I can now see it struggling with my rtx card.

can you find corsair tx550m? that would be best price/perfromance. 550w is more than enough.

which country are you from?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

can you find corsair tx550m? that would be best price/perfromance. 550w is more than enough.

thank you for your reply. can you point out why corsair txm series is better than cooler master mwe? and im thinking about upgrading cpu to 9900k or something like that in near future thats why i was thinking about 650.

Just now, genexis_x said:

which country are you from?

INDIA, INCREDIBLE INDIA WITH INCREDIBLE HARDWARE PRICES.

for your reference:

also wrong subforum

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I would go with the Cooler Master simply solely because it's fully modular. That's just my preference and in reality either one will sufficiently power your computer. However, for the same price (based on what I saw online) you might as well get the extra 100W and added perk of modularity that comes with the Cooler Master 650W.

1 minute ago, RBPEDIIIAL said:

I would go with the Cooler Master simply solely because it's fully modular. That's just my preference and in reality either one will sufficiently power your computer. However, for the same price (based on what I saw online) you might as well get the extra 100W and added perk of modularity that comes with the Cooler Master 650W.

2 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

for your reference:

also wrong subforum

I've seen this tier list where txm is higher in the list than mwe gold but i was wondering why.

and where should i post this kind of stuff ? help a noob out here ?

* thread moved to the Case & PSU section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 minutes ago, RBPEDIIIAL said:

Here cant find those beautiful aftermarket cables like cable mod. have to stick with those provided with the psu. so semi modular fully modular is least of my concern. i just want my pc to run good and last good.

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

* thread moved to the Case & PSU section *

thank you. will keep that in mind in future.

1 hour ago, NEO**B said:

I've seen this tier list where txm is higher in the list than mwe gold but i was wondering why.

and where should i post this kind of stuff ? help a noob out here ?

In the same post with the tier list there is a list of sources of information and references for further reading if you want more information on why the txm is better.

https://shop.bitspower.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_95

Bitspower partnered with FSP to release a watercooled PSU

This will also run with just the onboard fan. There is an 850W version as well.

Pricey units but very nice.

https://www.fsplifestyle.com/product/en-liquid-cooled-hydro-ptmplus/limited_edition.html

Initial release promo of the Water-cooled PSU

19 hours ago, NEO**B said:

Here cant find those beautiful aftermarket cables like cable mod. have to stick with those provided with the psu. so semi modular fully modular is least of my concern. i just want my pc to run good and last good.

I'm going to assume you have a budget of atleast 4,000 or so rupees.

on Amazon India there's a VS550, which although likely isn't the best for your setup will work fine, with a decent price. 

https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-CP-9020171-UK-550-Watt-Non-Modular-Supply/dp/B078XXNC3J/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=VS550&qid=1578390025&sr=8-2

10 hours ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

I'm going to assume you have a budget of atleast 4,000 or so rupees.

on Amazon India there's a VS550, which although likely isn't the best for your setup will work fine, with a decent price. 

https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-CP-9020171-UK-550-Watt-Non-Modular-Supply/dp/B078XXNC3J/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=VS550&qid=1578390025&sr=8-2

Thank you for your reply. I already have both the older vs 550(yellow) and the newer vs 550 (grey). Older one cant even run my ryzen pc while stress testing even with my older 1050ti. Forget about aida64 or prime95 with the older version vs550, my pc restarts even when I'm running cinebench. The newer version runs my ryzen build with 1050ti fine but with 2060 I can feel it being a little stressed. GPU starts coil whining with the newer vs 550(grey). So thats the reason for thinking about an upgrade. I'm thinking about TX650M from corsair which is around $100 here. This will allow me to overclock my cpu as its going to bottleneck the 2060 with stock speed and I'll not have to change my PSU when I decide to upgrade the CPU. I don't know much about these things if anything wrong please inform me.