Aoc c24g1 - Recommendation

Noory
Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,
2 hours ago, Noory said:

Had to do any calibration to it?

Every monitor with the exception of those very high end monitors directed towards professionals, will require calibration over the factory default to be accurate.

However, most people have never used a calibrated display, so ull likely not notice it unless it has a truly terrible factory calibration.

While i dont like the way the below sight fomrats its reviews in regards to calibration as they dont indicate color delta's, they do at least show that this particular monitors come out the factory with color temp to 'cool' and gamma to low. So ull likely want to tweak thing a bit by eye, but the best option is to invest in a cheap colormiter and calibrate with DisplayCal.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-c24g1/#Calibration

Hi, im building a new PC with 5700XT + Ryzen 3600.
Wanna get a 144hz 1080p monitor at a specific price range, we dont have many options here. There is:
Samsung C24RG50 vs Aoc c24g1 (Same Price) ~ 1ms vs 4ms
Both are VA, the main use of the pc is gaming and adobe programs thats why i prefer VA for the colors and cant get an IPS because of the price.
I have been using a TN laptop screen and gaming at 30FPS so i assume there will be a huge different no matter what.
Although there is some TN options like Acer KG241 so is the color difference huge between this and the VA ones? And which do you recommend (Most balanced option)?

2 hours ago, Tom and Me said:
  • I’d recommend the AOC C24G1, its a great monitor that I’ve been using for years!!!

One of the best budget 144Hz for sure

btw VA not VN you meant?

I edit my posts more often than not

1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

One of the best budget 144Hz for sure

btw VA not VN you meant?

Yea, thanks for the correction!

3 hours ago, Tom and Me said:
  • I’d recommend the AOC C24G1, its a great monitor that I’ve been using for years!!!

31 minutes ago, Noory said:

No

2 hours ago, Noory said:

Every monitor with the exception of those very high end monitors directed towards professionals, will require calibration over the factory default to be accurate.

However, most people have never used a calibrated display, so ull likely not notice it unless it has a truly terrible factory calibration.

While i dont like the way the below sight fomrats its reviews in regards to calibration as they dont indicate color delta's, they do at least show that this particular monitors come out the factory with color temp to 'cool' and gamma to low. So ull likely want to tweak thing a bit by eye, but the best option is to invest in a cheap colormiter and calibrate with DisplayCal.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

23 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

So in general its a good monitor at it's price point and i should go with it?

8 minutes ago, Noory said:

So in general its a good monitor at it's price point and i should go with it?

There's so few Monitors at that price point that have been tested and reviewed to make a definitive statement ..but ... sure i suppose its ok.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

11 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

There's so few Monitors at that price point that have been tested and reviewed to make a definitive statement ..but ... sure i suppose its ok.

Cool, thank you!