Going to intel or stay at amd?

My use of this rig is mostly at gaming. I only use photoshop and premiere to support my things.

So, what i need rn? Intel or amd? 

*This cpu rn kinda bottleneck at gaming. And ram speed affect its speed of the cpu too. So i need some recommendation cpu*

From intel and from amd. Thanks.

Ryzen 5 2600 / MSI B350 Tomahawk / GALAX RTX 2060 6GB (1-Click OC) / Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz 8x2GB / ADATA SX6000 LITE 512 M.2 NVME / KLEVV 128 GB SATA / Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / Seasonic Focus Gold 550W / Tecware Nexus C

Upgrade Plan: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 RAM: GSkill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz/3600MHz MB: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

hhm Gaming and Adobe? sounds like INTEL. but ........ since you already have ryzen mobo just upgrade to 2700X

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

2 minutes ago, XandersWithS said:

My use of this rig is mostly at gaming. I only use photoshop and premiere to support my things.

So, what i need rn? Intel or amd? 

*This cpu rn kinda bottleneck at gaming. And ram speed affect its speed of the cpu too. So i need some recommendation cpu*

From intel and from amd. Thanks.

Well If you want to upgrade your CPU I'd stick with AMD. Also means you don't have to buy a new motherboard. I find it hard to believe R5 2600 is bottlenecking a 2060, but you can always pop in a 3600 or wait a bit to see what AMD will have to offer in their new lineup, if it will still be on AM4 that is. 

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I couldnt possibly imagine that the R5 2600 "bottlenecks" your 2060, have you checked your GPU and CPU util while gaming? 

Also, what kind of games do you play? do you use Adobe programs profesionally or just on a hobby basis?

-Kla3

11 minutes ago, martward said:

Well If you want to upgrade your CPU I'd stick with AMD. Also means you don't have to buy a new motherboard. I find it hard to believe R5 2600 is bottlenecking a 2060, but you can always pop in a 3600 or wait a bit to see what AMD will have to offer in their new lineup, if it will still be on AM4 that is. 

I think that bottlenecking from the ram. I see ryzen needs a fast ram, first thing i must do is 3200Mhz. Then think about what cpu good for me...

Ryzen 5 2600 / MSI B350 Tomahawk / GALAX RTX 2060 6GB (1-Click OC) / Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz 8x2GB / ADATA SX6000 LITE 512 M.2 NVME / KLEVV 128 GB SATA / Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / Seasonic Focus Gold 550W / Tecware Nexus C

Upgrade Plan: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 RAM: GSkill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz/3600MHz MB: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

7 minutes ago, kla3 said:

I couldnt possibly imagine that the R5 2600 "bottlenecks" your 2060, have you checked your GPU and CPU util while gaming? 

Also, what kind of games do you play? do you use Adobe programs profesionally or just on a hobby basis?

-Kla3

Hobby only. Only do things like randomly i want. Kinda not bottleneck too. Kinda dropped like crazy. Not stable sometimes. Ryzen at csgo kinda bad. 

Maybe i see from youtube benchmark, all i see is 3000 and 3200Mhz. So, i hope things will better after this. CPU only do 3600Mhz not more.

3DMark is okay. Score was same like other rig

16 minutes ago, martward said:

I see. Your setup using ram with 3200Mhz. Ryzen 3rd gen was too good for now. Different with 2nd and first gen.

9 hours ago, XandersWithS said:

Ryzen at csgo kinda bad

Ryzen shouldnt be "bad" at CSGO, unless you want 300fps and play on a professional level, but there are multiple fixes to get Ryzen to run better with CSGO, my best advice would be to give CSGO specific cores, this will make the game not jump between cores and give you more stable FPS!

all i see is 3000 and 3200Mhz.

Are you reffering to your ramspeed? 

18 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

hhm Gaming and Adobe? sounds like INTEL. but ........ since you already have ryzen mobo just upgrade to 2700X

Or for now, i need to do little oc?

1 minute ago, kla3 said:

Ryzen shouldnt be "bad" at CSGO, unless you want 300fps and play on a professional level, but there are multiple fixes to get Ryzen to run better with CSGO, my best advice would be to give CSGO specific cores, this will make the game not jump between cores and give you more stable FPS!

Are you reffering to your ramspeed? 

Yes. Hmm not only csgo. All games like have a random jump fps. Still playable but not stable, Ram needs fast ram someone said that

random jump fps

Hmm, if i were you, i would run some game statistics in the background, while logging my CPU and GPU usage during a game, see what happens with the system when the FPS drop hit, that will make it alot easier to diagnose and fix the problem.

If you have random FPS drops, faster ram isnt the solution

1 minute ago, kla3 said:

Hmm, if i were you, i would run some game statistics in the background, while logging my CPU and GPU usage during a game, see what happens with the system when the FPS drop hit, that will make it alot easier to diagnose and fix the problem.

If you have random FPS drops, faster ram isnt the solution

Is 70-75c is hot for gaming? already do that. Usage is normal like 50 CPU and 80 GPU sometimes 70/70 and never go below that

Stay AMD.  Intel will only mean a whole new motherboard and it is likely that Intel will keep riding the train where users have to upgrade a new board Everytime Intel releases a new CPU.

Like kla3 said, run some logging while you do some things to see how the system is performing while under load.

Upgrading RAM speed and upgrading CPU on the AM4 might help, but the logging will really help pinpoint where the issue might be.

Your current RAM speeds are consistent with a Ryzen 2xxx series.
My 2700x doesn't like it much over 3200 and that's with a set that can go higher with ease in my other AM4 setup. For higher RAM speed you'd probrably have to get a Ryzen 3xxx chip for it's better IMC but also know such can be dependent on the board too. The BIOS itself can make a difference in what you ultimately get, probrably not a problem with yours but just sayin.

I know on average the Ryzen 3xxx chips can get 3600 with no issues, sometimes they can go much higher too.
i know my 3600x can get some nice speeds: https://hwbot.org/submission/4285521_

With the proper RAM and tweaks 3600 should be E-Z-P-Z with a 3xxx chip.

I do agree with kla3, it's not always a RAM issue and doesn't make sense to throw money at a problem when you're throwing it at the wrong target.

Figure out what the problem is, then you'll know what to do from there and how to spend your $$ wisely.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 minute ago, Beerzerker said:

Your current RAM speeds are consistent with a Ryzen 2xxx series.
My 2700x doesn't like it much over 3200 and that's with a set that can go higher with ease in my other AM4 setup. For higher RAM speed you'd probrably have to get a Ryzen 3xxx chip for it's better IMC but also know such can be dependent on the board too. The BIOS itself can make a difference in what you ultimately get, probrably not a problem with yours but just sayin.

I know on average the Ryzen 3xxx chips can get 3600 with no issues, sometimes they can go much higher too.
i know my 3600x can get some nice speeds: https://hwbot.org/submission/4285521_

With the proper RAM and tweaks 3600 should be E-Z-P-Z with a 3xxx chip.

I do agree with kla3, it's not always a RAM issue and doesn't make sense to throw money at a problem when you're throwing it at the wrong target.

Figure out what the problem is, then you'll know what to do from there and how to spend your $$ wisely.

Hmm okay i will figure it first

Usage is normal like 50 CPU and 80 GPU sometimes 70/70 and never go below that

This is just usage, you need to log it together with FPS, so you can see which component is doing what exactly when the FPS drop hits.

And 50% usage doesnt tell me that much, how is it using its cores? is it jumping back and forth between cores?

Get some proper logging going, and feel free to post in here, and im more than happy to take a look

EDIT: a 2600 should be on pair with a i5 8400 in CSGO, even slightly better, and that chip rocks CSGO like its your birthday

19 minutes ago, XandersWithS said:

Is 70-75c is hot for gaming? already do that. Usage is normal like 50 CPU and 80 GPU sometimes 70/70 and never go below that

not really and you dont need OC the cpu,

perhaps the low usage of CPU due to 2666mhz ram? 3200 i reccomend.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

9 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

shouldnt cause big FPS drops, lower performance due to slower ram should mean overall lower performance, not just drops

9 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

not really and you dont need OC the cpu,

Hmm ryzen can reach 3.7 from fabric speed from ram too.

Sticks with good timings is the thing if you're forced to remain around the 3200 mark.

What I have in this machine now: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232530

Good sticks with good timings but know these aren't known for high RAM speeds even though they are B die.

These are about as cheap as you'll find for a set like these.

If you need more RAM capacity per stick (16GB's per stick) then expect to pay for those.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

Hmm ryzen can reach 3.7 from fabric speed from ram too

There isnt any reason speculation in ram problems, when the ramspeed probably isnt your problem.

-Diagnose -> Read diagnose -> fix problem -> save money -> be happy

1 hour ago, kla3 said:

There isnt any reason speculation in ram problems, when the ramspeed probably isnt your problem.

-Diagnose -> Read diagnose -> fix problem -> save money -> be happy

Emphasis on what's bolded. ?

2 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Emphasis on what's bolded. ?

Can i trust this site? like gpucheck? 

Can i trust this site? like gpucheck? 

GPUcheck doesnt have your PC, diagnose your PC the proper way, dont just read benchmarks!

Since there seems to be a problem with your PC, since you get FPS drops, benchmarks that isnt done on your PC, wont help you

14 minutes ago, kla3 said:

GPUcheck doesnt have your PC, diagnose your PC the proper way, dont just read benchmarks!

Since there seems to be a problem with your PC, since you get FPS drops, benchmarks that isnt done on your PC, wont help you

afterburner can do?