Huawei or Iphone

Petar04

So i'm trading my huawei p30 for a iphone xr or x and I'm willing to get some cons and pros from iphone xr/x. And is it worth to trade p30 for iphone xr/x is it a bad decision or not

Thanks?

100% iPhone.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I mean I'd just go from Android to Android but definitely hop off Huawei cause America said bad Chinese do bad tings and Google said no no Android updates for Huawei

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Anything but Huawei!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

9 hours ago, TrainFan2020 said:

Anything but Huawei.

Let's be honest. The P30 is way better than the iPhone XR

58 minutes ago, Petar04 said:

So i'm trading my huawei p30 for a iphone xr or x and I'm willing to get some cons and pros from iphone xr/x. And is it worth to trade p30 for iphone xr/x is it a bad decision or not

Thanks?

The only real downside, apart from having to acclimate to some big changes in UI, is simply the camera options.  I'd say the iPhone XR's camera is better in some respects than the P30's (mainly colour and video), but... there's one camera.  Even the iPhone X has 'just' two cameras.

The P30 does have a higher-resolution screen, too, but that only matters if you're a stickler about it.  I'd say the iPhone XR and X are just fine if you're looking at them from normal distances, even if I wouldn't mind them being sharper.

If I were in your position, I'd trade the P30 Pro in for an iPhone 11 and pay any difference, if it's not too large.  Might as well get a phone that's a clearer step forward in key areas (performance, cameras, battery life) if you can.  With the other phones, it's a tougher call... but if you're fine with one camera and an 828p screen, you'll be happy.

52 minutes ago, dizmo said:

100% iPhone.

Yup I like how iphone holds price for long time and gets updates for 4-5 years and has good photos so does huawei but Iphone has something. But I think huawei has better with components. 

3 minutes ago, Commodus said:

The only real downside, apart from having to acclimate to some big changes in UI, is simply the camera options.  I'd say the iPhone XR's camera is better in some respects than the P30's (mainly colour and video), but... there's one camera.  Even the iPhone X has 'just' two cameras.

The P30 does have a higher-resolution screen, too, but that only matters if you're a stickler about it.  I'd say the iPhone XR and X are just fine if you're looking at them from normal distances, even if I wouldn't mind them being sharper.

If I were in your position, I'd trade the P30 Pro in for an iPhone 11 and pay any difference, if it's not too large.  Might as well get a phone that's a clearer step forward in key areas (performance, cameras, battery life) if you can.  With the other phones, it's a tougher call... but if you're fine with one camera and an 828p screen, you'll be happy.

Yeah im okay with the screen and that I agree with you that iphone has good color and nice video quality... I asked a guy to trade and he agreed but wanted me to pay 315$ more. So he wanted me to give huawei p30 and 315$ for iphone xs

16 minutes ago, Petar04 said:

Yeah im okay with the screen and that I agree with you that iphone has good color and nice video quality... I asked a guy to trade and he agreed but wanted me to pay 315$ more. So he wanted me to give huawei p30 and 315$ for iphone xs

Well, the iPhone XS is pretty sweet (I have one), but if you're hesitant to pay that $315, an iPhone XR will do the trick.

12 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Well, the iPhone XS is pretty sweet (I have one), but if you're hesitant to pay that $315, an iPhone XR will do the trick.

Thanks bud ??

Get the Xr. It’s faster, overall has the better camera, has insane battery life, and will get updates for longer. My Xr can regularly go for 8 hours of SoT

On 1/4/2020 at 11:19 PM, EL02 said:

Let's be honest. The P30 is way better than the iPhone XR

Based on what...

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Based on what...

Screen, camera, charging capabilities.

If we're beeing honest, these specs are 100% completely irrelevant for anyone, who buys an iphone for the OS.

Do you absolutely want / prefer iOS?

Well, doesn't matter what specs Android has. It's not iOS.

iOS vs. Android can only be directly compared to people who don't care which OS they use and/or can use both equally fine.

And this is also my Answer to the Question in this Thread:

Do you prefer iOS? Get the iPhone.

Do you prefer Android? Why are you considering the iPhone in first place? If you want to get waway from Huawei, get Samsung, Oneplus, Xiaomi etc.

4 hours ago, EL02 said:

Screen is debatable for example I really don’t like OLED, burn in is not an acceptable trade off for essentially watching content on a 6” screen, camera the iPhone is better the majority of the time and is far more consistent and you can charge an iPhone fairly quickly. Plus with the battery life you can easily do a day and a half between charges if you’re not a power user. I’m on my phone a lot and never run out if I start the day at like 80%. I actually cannot think of a single reason to get a Huawei phone as even on Android there are better options. 

2 hours ago, Darkseth said:

If we're beeing honest, these specs are 100% completely irrelevant for anyone, who buys an iphone for the OS.

Do you absolutely want / prefer iOS?

Well, doesn't matter what specs Android has. It's not iOS.

iOS vs. Android can only be directly compared to people who don't care which OS they use and/or can use both equally fine.

And this is also my Answer to the Question in this Thread:

Do you prefer iOS? Get the iPhone.

Do you prefer Android? Why are you considering the iPhone in first place? If you want to get waway from Huawei, get Samsung, Oneplus, Xiaomi etc.

Do you want a phone for 5 years or 18 months. Do you want it to hold value. Are also good arguments outside of spec. 

4 hours ago, EL02 said:

The screen on the Xr is better, it’s much more colour accurate. The camera is also better because the video is far better. The Xr doesn’t need great charging because it can go 8 hours of SoT in a day

2 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Lots of people do, and that's not me being partisan -- there are just a number of viable explanations.

You might choose it for iOS if you already have a stake in the Apple ecosystem.  If you believe Android doesn't do enough to protect your privacy (we've seen a few switcher threads here mentioning this).  If you want AirPods or an Apple Watch.  If you believe a phone should receive meaningful software support for more than two years (without months-long delays), for that matter.

There are reasons you might pick Android over iOS, to be clear -- I'm just challenging the notion that people don't pick iPhones for the software.  In many ways, the software is crucial to Apple being more than a cookie-cutter phone vendor.

13 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Screen is debatable for example I really don’t like OLED, burn in is not an acceptable trade off for essentially watching content on a 6” screen, camera the iPhone is better the majority of the time and is far more consistent and you can charge an iPhone fairly quickly. Plus with the battery life you can easily do a day and a half between charges if you’re not a power user. I’m on my phone a lot and never run out if I start the day at like 80%. I actually cannot think of a single reason to get a Huawei phone as even on Android there are better options. 

At that price, 1080p oled is a must. P30 has a wide angle lens. He already has the huawei.

41 minutes ago, EL02 said:

At that price, 1080p oled is a must. P30 has a wide angle lens. He already has the huawei.

Why would you need more than 1080p... and nope personally I would pay more to not have an OLED. Because they’re crap for long term use. 

Wide angle lenses vs a good camera. What to pick. 

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

1080p is not a must. I’ve had a 1440p Samsung and the Xr display is much better