3800x wraith prism vs kraken x62 v2 or corsair h100i

Insomnic

Hi, I was considering swapping my wraith prism cooler for an aio mainly de corsair h100i or the kraken x62 v2. I would love some feedback, if the swap is worth it or not, and if yes which of those aios it's better. 

3_corsair-h100i-pro-all.png

2_corsair-h100i-pro-noise-normalized.png

4_corsair-h100i-pro-noise.png

Source

And yes it's worth it. But as you can see, the difference isn't big on the two in terms of performance, but acoustics is.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

17 minutes ago, Insomnic said:

Hi, I was considering swapping my wraith prism cooler for an aio mainly de corsair h100i or the kraken x62 v2. I would love some feedback, if the swap is worth it or not, and if yes which of those aios it's better. 

The Kraken X62 is a 280mm rad compared to the 240mm rad of the h100i, so that would obviously be better but it shouldn't be that far off, you can look up reviews and compare.

And yes it's definitely worth it compared to the Wraith Prism imo.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

If you want more overclocking headroom or quieter operation, then yes, it would be worth swapping out the stock cooler. 

Out of those two options, the Kraken X62 would probably be better purely because it is a 280mm rad compared to the H100i's 240mm rad, which should mean better cooling performance or similar performance to the H100i but at a lower noise level. 

I'd also advise you to consider air cooling as well, as they are more reliable (especially in the long run) and can sometimes even offer better performance compared to AIOs, especially when you get to high-end dual towers. My suggestions would be the Dark Rock 4 or NH-U14S, if you're just looking for near-silent operation and great cooling, or the Dark Rock Pro 4 or NH-D15, if you're looking for even greater cooling and still quiet operation.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

I'd also advise you to consider air cooling as well, as they are more reliable (especially in the long run) and can sometimes even offer better performance compared to AIOs, especially when you get to high-end dual towers. My suggestions would be the Dark Rock 4 or NH-U14S, if you're just looking for near-silent operation and great cooling, or the Dark Rock Pro 4 or NH-D15, if you're looking for even greater cooling and still quiet operation.

Ah yes, I take it back after seeing the prices of AIO's, they used to be way cheaper, I recommend going with an Air Cooler, they're cheaper and perform better but are bulky, it's a trade off you have to consider.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

33 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Ah yes, I take it back after seeing the prices of AIO's, they used to be way cheaper, I recommend going with an Air Cooler, they're cheaper and perform better but are bulky, it's a trade off you have to consider.

Thank you for the help. 

37 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you want more overclocking headroom or quieter operation, then yes, it would be worth swapping out the stock cooler. 

Out of those two options, the Kraken X62 would probably be better purely because it is a 280mm rad compared to the H100i's 240mm rad, which should mean better cooling performance or similar performance to the H100i but at a lower noise level. 

Thanks for the help. 

41 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

3_corsair-h100i-pro-all.png

2_corsair-h100i-pro-noise-normalized.png

4_corsair-h100i-pro-noise.png

Source

And yes it's worth it. But as you can see, the difference isn't big on the two in terms of performance, but acoustics is.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep that in mind. 

What are your temps? Are you not satisfied with your current cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.