Can anyone help me wiht ping spikes?

DanishGuy47
Go to solution Solved by Levent,
3 minutes ago, DanishGuy47 said:

Im using 5Ghz, and it's not a possibility to use a wired connection

We cant really identify your wifi problems, and there is not much you can do. You can use a less crowded wireless channel (you have to set it in your router settings) but besides than that you are stuck with those.

For a month now, I've gotten ping spikes.

I've tried this command in cmd: netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi". But that didn't work because that caused another problem...

Does anyone know how to fix it?

s.PNG

1 minute ago, DanishGuy47 said:

For a month now, I've gotten ping spikes.

I've tried this command in cmd: netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi". But that didn't work because that caused another problem...

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Im guessing this is over a wifi connection?

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

1 minute ago, DanishGuy47 said:

Yes that's correct

Can you test over a wired connection?

Usually ping spikes or Wifi mean interference between your router and the client. Are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz band?

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

3 minutes ago, DanishGuy47 said:

We cant really identify your wifi problems, and there is not much you can do. You can use a less crowded wireless channel (you have to set it in your router settings) but besides than that you are stuck with those.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 hours ago, Levent said:

Wow so easy to give up? There is plenty of things you can do to help. As suggested change the channel. If you have a android phone or using windows 10 pc can download a network scanner app to see the networks around you and what channels they are broadcasting. Must newer routers will do this automatically and put you on the best channel.

If you provide more details about your hardware that would help as well, is this spike happening on other wireless devices connected to the network?

If changing the channel does help or you continue to have issues you have interference or leakage into that spectrum caused from another electronical device either you own or close to your home. You can try to track down the interference if its coming from you by unplugging electric devices in your home until you find the one causing the issue. If outside of you home is the cause then not much you can do there.

Also check your wireless setting and make sure everything is setup properly if you need help with this post screenshots of the wireless setting pages and I can go through them with you.

The PC giving you the issue make sure the driver is up to date, and the router make sure the firmware is up to date.

Internet Connection

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Get a Wifi Spectrum checker on your phone and check for other WiFi broadcasting around you in the same spectrum and see what channels theyre using. 

You want to generally use a lower channel that is free from interferance. For 5Ghz the closest to channel 36 the better. 

Check on your Wifi Router that the 5Ghz radio is set to at least a Channel Width of 80 (2x2 MIMO). Also make sure transmission is on High for 5Ghz

It's worth considering the quality of your wifi adapter as well, as you can bruteforce through a lot of interference by using a card with bigger/better antenna's and a higher number of radios if possible. 

What wifi adapter/motherboard are you using? 

What AP/router are you using?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA