Stoney420

Hi there! My new system specs are as follows

Ryzen 5, 2600

Aorus b450m gigabyte Mobo

Rx 5700

Corsair vengeance lpx 3000 (2x8)

Corsair cx650m PSU

Windows 10

As the title says I recently built this PC and I'm having trouble playing certain games. Originally I had a RX 580 but it was 2nd hand and died on me. I bought my new card and thought problem solved right? Well I was wrong. When launching Minecraft in the title screen I get really wierd black bars that only show up in the title screen and only when I move the mouse. The game itself runs fine. Where as Battlefield V launches and runs great (minus some weird occasional stuttering) but then crashes between 10-30min of playing. I don't get an error code either. It just goes black and sometimes says no input leaving me to restart my PC. Other times it just goes straight back to the desktop.

From what I can tell most of my other games work really well too minus stuttering that doesn't feel quite right. I've check all my cables and have done every stress test I can think of and it always passes them. I'm currently doing windows memory test to see if that could be it.

I don't understand why it's only in certain games it has these problems and why it likes to stutter so much but breezes through stress tests. I've been searching for a solution for almost 1 month now. Any help would be amazing!!!

Also I do play in 21:9 2560x1080 and always in full screen with fps topping 100+ on all games.

Use DDU to uninstall all graphics drivers and then use Adrenaline 2020 to install up to date drivers for your 5700. Sounds like a driver issue to me.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

11 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Use DDU to uninstall all graphics drivers and then use Adrenaline 2020 to install up to date drivers for your 5700. Sounds like a driver issue to me.

Does completely wiping the os and reinstalling not do the same/ AMD's clean install? 

Sorry I'm still a noob to all of this lol 

Thank you btw!!

Fresh installing windows after wiping the drive get's rid of all drivers for everything, AMD clean install is ok but it still misses things. DDU (display driver uninstaller) get's everything, all graphics drivers and all of their files so that there is no chance of corruption or incompatibilities. If you used your RX 580 on the Windows install you're currently using you will want to use DDU then use Adrenalin to get the new drivers for the 5700. You always want to get rid of your old cards drivers before installing a new one.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

23 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Fresh installing windows after wiping the drive get's rid of all drivers for everything, AMD clean install is ok but it still misses things. DDU (display driver uninstaller) get's everything, all graphics drivers and all of their files so that there is no chance of corruption or incompatibilities. If you used your RX 580 on the Windows install you're currently using you will want to use DDU then use Adrenalin to get the new drivers for the 5700. You always want to get rid of your old cards drivers before installing a new one.

Okay after my memtest86 finishes I will go ahead and run DDU tonight. Provided that doesn't work any ideas on next steps lol?