My Home modem

Hey guys.

Idk whats goping on with my home modem. i loged into the network to do some port forwarding a while back, at this point it was still on the default password. so i changed the password to something more secure. a couple days later id go back to add another port or just to have a look at the settings, and my password was wrong. i thought that i might have just forgotten my password so i did a hard reset of the modem and re did my ports, making sure i wrote down the new password and loged off and loged backj in with the password working fine. when i went to login the next day it didnt work again. plz help cause im over putting in the ports and im not sure if its just a glitch with my modem or someone has gained access to my system. this has happened 6 or 7 times now and idk what to do.

Any help is much appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you try putting in the default password again?

yeah i did. didnt work

On 12/31/2019 at 1:02 AM, Windows7ge said:

What modem is this? Have a model number?

it's F@ast5355

nvm guys, its a glitch with the modem, a lot of other people have had similar problems. im goin to look at replaceing the modem. thanks for helping tho.

15 minutes ago, Agriffo58 said:

nvm guys, its a glitch with the modem, a lot of other people have had similar problems. im goin to look at replaceing the modem. thanks for helping tho.

If it's a glitch it's possible it could be patched with a firmware update. If there's an option to I'd try that before spending money on a new one.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, Windows7ge said:

If it's a glitch it's possible it could be patched with a firmware update. If there's an option to I'd try that before spending money on a new one.

okay

where would i get the firmware uptade? cause its a model thats supplied and exclusive to my provider?

8 hours ago, Agriffo58 said:

okay

where would i get the firmware uptade? cause its a model thats supplied and exclusive to my provider?

Frequently you'll find it as a menu option to update the firmware just from the WebUI. It'll download the latest version on its own.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Frequently you'll find it as a menu option to update the firmware just from the WebUI. It'll download the latest version on its own.

Generally with modems and gateways only the provider can provide firmware updates. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Generally with modems and gateways only the provider can provide firmware updates. 

Based on the way OP is talking about the equipment I get the feeling it's a Modem/Router combo not a standalone Modem. From my experience with consumer routers and some providers modem/router combos they do give you a button you can press in the WebUI to check if a newer firmware is available.