PC doesn't post and keeps rebooting every 5 seconds

cavich

Hi everyone,

my PC was working without issues for years, and suddenly today when I turned it on, it kept rebooting every 5 seconds, without entering the BIOS, and with all the fans spinning. I opened it and I saw that the DRAM_LED on the motherboard is red, so I tried using just one ram stick and changing the place of the sticks, with no luck. I did a clear CMOS on the motherboard with no changes in the behaviour of the PC. 

Components:

Intel i7 4790

Asus Z97-A

DDR3 G.Skill Ares 1600 Mhz 16 Gb (4x4 gb)

Radeon R9 270x 2Gb

Thermaltake 750 W

Samsung sata ssd

Windows 10

Please help me, and thanks in advance for the answers.

I swear like 5 minutes ago i had this same issue, then i panicked panicked then brought myself together and started looking for solns.

I fixed my issue, and then i remembered someone on the forum had asked the same question and i think i may be able to help you>

First thing :

Does your pc boot in safe mode?

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

4 hours ago, cavich said:

Hi everyone,

my PC was working without issues for years, and suddenly today when I turned it on, it kept rebooting every 5 seconds, without entering the BIOS, and with all the fans spinning. I opened it and I saw that the DRAM_LED on the motherboard is red, so I tried using just one ram stick and changing the place of the sticks, with no luck. I did a clear CMOS on the motherboard with no changes in the behaviour of the PC. 

Components:

Intel i7 4790

Asus Z97-A

Radeon R9 270x 2Gb

Thermaltake 750 W

Samsung sata ssd

Windows 10

This happened on my laptop, i waited and it went into repair mode, i waited about 2-3 hours and everything was back to normal on windows 10 aswell, so see if that happens, if not try to get into ur bios and boot it safe mode

4 hours ago, cavich said:

Hi everyone,

Components:

Intel i7 4790

Asus Z97-A

Radeon R9 270x 2Gb

Thermaltake 750 W

Samsung sata ssd

Windows 10

Could also be a dead boot drive but im not sure

1 hour ago, Srijan Verma said:

I swear like 5 minutes ago i had this same issue, then i panicked panicked then brought myself together and started looking for solns.

I fixed my issue, and then i remembered someone on the forum had asked the same question and i think i may be able to help you>

First thing :

Does your pc boot in safe mode?

No, it doesn't have time to post, the screen is black and no signal arrives to the monitor. Usually, it took more or less 5 s for the monitor to receive the signal and show the first screen from where you can access the bios. The PC crashes and reboots before anything has time to appear on the screen. So no safe mode either unfortunately.

1 hour ago, RexxBuildz said:

This happened on my laptop, i waited and it went into repair mode, i waited about 2-3 hours and everything was back to normal on windows 10 aswell, so see if that happens, if not try to get into ur bios and boot it safe mode

The problem is that I don't have time to get into the bios or windows, because it reboots 5 seconds after I press the power button. The monitor doesn't receive any video signal, it just reboots before anything can happen.

9 hours ago, cavich said:

The problem is that I don't have time to get into the bios or windows, because it reboots 5 seconds after I press the power button. The monitor doesn't receive any video signal, it just reboots before anything can happen.

Do u have a different set of compatible ram, i doubt thats the problem but u can try, or maybe since u have no video output the gpu is dead, maybe some cables are loose, check those things

6 hours ago, RexxBuildz said:

Do u have a different set of compatible ram, i doubt thats the problem but u can try, or maybe since u have no video output the gpu is dead, maybe some cables are loose, check those things

Dead gpu wont cause this

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

16 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

Dead gpu wont cause this

Ik i just realized before he said he gets output lmao sorry i skipped that