Netgear RX 500 VS RX 450 Pro gaming router

Ahmet Alhurmuzy
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

There is no "RX500 Pro Gaming" or "RX450". There is XR500 and XR450 and only difference between them is XR500 support AC2600 while XR450 is only AC2400.

Hi everyone ......

I have a Gaming pc and i love play online games with my friends ,  I'm looking for a gaming router and i found that the Netgear have many gaming router like XR 500 pro gaming and XR 450 ,,,, soooo what's The difference between these two brand  ???????

And which one should i buy ?????

Thanks to all.

There is no "RX500 Pro Gaming" or "RX450". There is XR500 and XR450 and only difference between them is XR500 support AC2600 while XR450 is only AC2400.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Gaming router???

Better just buy the same specs regular router, maybe cheaper.

Online gaming will depend on the performance of your internet anyway.

How good your router is cannot help low response if your internet is bad.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Gaming router???

Better just buy the same specs regular router, maybe cheaper.

Online gaming will depend on the performance of your internet anyway.

How good your router is cannot help low response if your internet is bad.

But the gaming router has many features like stabilize ping and reduce lag and find near server for u .

15 minutes ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

But the gaming router has many features like stabilize ping and reduce lag and find near server for u .

Latency (lag/ping) has 99% to do with your ISP,  "gaming" routers aren't going to significantly change that. They're a marketing gimmick designed to exploit those unfamiliar with networking.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

2 hours ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

ping and reduce lag and find near server for u .

Your router doesnt control where the packets go. Once packets leave your modem its up to your ISP to route them, and even then eventally they will probably hit a peering point and then go on to a backbone providers network. 

What you have to understand is the internet is really just a collection of networks. Each company decides how packets are routed on their network. So like others have said, "Gaming routers" are marketing bull shit. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 hours ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

Hi everyone ......

I have a Gaming pc and i love play online games with my friends ,  I'm looking for a gaming router and i found that the Netgear have many gaming router like XR 500 pro gaming and XR 450 ,,,, soooo what's The difference between these two brand  ???????

And which one should i buy ?????

Thanks to all.

OK but "gaming routers" are generally a scam (and often have issues) 

Just buy a "good" router with enough RAM tbh,  it will be cheaper and probably better. 

Can't really help you which,  because I'm using my "non gaming" fritzbox router which is actually very good since I changed ISPs and no one's messing with it anymore and it's not "supported" by my current ISP (it still receives security updates from the manufacturer though) 

PS: tho generally from my own experience :

Absolutely awful routers, especially security wise:

NETGEAR 

ASUS 

Ok'ish to good routers:

ZYXEL 

AVM 

DrayTek 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, Levent said:

Thanks for these information

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

OK but "gaming routers" are generally a scam (and often have issues) 

Just buy a "good" router with enough RAM tbh,  it will be cheaper and probably better. 

Can't really help you which,  because I'm using my "non gaming" fritzbox router which is actually very good since I changed ISPs and no one's messing with it anymore and it's not "supported" by my current ISP (it still receives security updates from the manufacturer though) 

PS: tho generally from my own experience :

Absolutely awful routers, especially security wise:

NETGEAR 

ASUS 

Ok'ish to good routers:

ZYXEL 

AVM 

DrayTek 

Thanks for advice , i appreciate

6 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

Latency (lag/ping) has 99% to do with your ISP,  "gaming" routers aren't going to significantly change that. They're a marketing gimmick designed to exploit those unfamiliar with networking.

Thanks for response

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Your router doesnt control where the packets go. Once packets leave your modem its up to your ISP to route them, and even then eventally they will probably hit a peering point and then go on to a backbone providers network. 

What you have to understand is the internet is really just a collection of networks. Each company decides how packets are routed on their network. So like others have said, "Gaming routers" are marketing bull shit. 

Thanks ☺️