Making a Robot, need advice on Controlling.

So, I'll start from the top. It's a personal project which is basically Vehicle and Robot Hybrid.

I have 22 motors in total while have voltage range of 5.5 - 12 volts and max 2.2 amps.

Appart from that, I'll have to put in PC case fans for cooling. So, 2-3 of those.

My question here are

1) What Arduino and Raspberry Pi do I need in order to make this Robot control all motors?

2) What do I need to run Tensorflow? I already have a Logitech C270 USB webcam for this project.

3) Do I need to learn Python for this project?

6 minutes ago, RAGNES7 said:

1) What Arduino and Raspberry Pi do I need in order to make this Robot control all motors?

Depends on the types of the motors; are they servo-, stepper- or regular brushed or brushless DC-motors? They're all driven differently and for e.g. simple DC-motors, you'll need to either build your own motor-controller-boards or buy them off of e.g. eBay. For servos, a PWM-signal is used to control them, but neither the RPi or Arduino has enough PWM-capable pins to control 22 motors, so you'd need PWM-controllers and control those controllers over SPI or I2C and so on.

You will not be able to drive all 22 motors from a single Arduino or RPi, unless they already include an I2C- or similar controller on them.

7 minutes ago, RAGNES7 said:

2) What do I need to run Tensorflow? I already have a Logitech C270 USB webcam for this project.

3) Do I need to learn Python for this project?

An RPi can run Tensorflow and getting started with Tensorflow is easiest with Python, so yes, you should learn it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1)  8 of those are brushed DC motors of 12 volts and 1.2 amps

2) 8 other motors are brushed DC motors of 12 volt 2.2 amps.

3) remaining 6 are MG995 servo motors 4.8 to 7.2 volts which I have connected to a 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver I2C interface PCA9685.

4) I found some DC motor controllers LN28 something. And there are again from another Asian country, so far I have bought parts from random stores from all around the world. Some of which I had to convince to sell out of thier country (which was against thier policy).

14 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Depends on the types of the motors; are they servo-, stepper- or regular brushed or brushless DC-motors? They're all driven differently and for e.g. simple DC-motors, you'll need to either build your own motor-controller-boards or buy them off of e.g. eBay. For servos, a PWM-signal is used to control them, but neither the RPi or Arduino has enough PWM-capable pins to control 22 motors, so you'd need PWM-controllers and control those controllers over SPI or I2C and so on.

You will not be able to drive all 22 motors from a single Arduino or RPi, unless they already include an I2C- or similar controller on them.

An RPi can run Tensorflow and getting started with Tensorflow is easiest with Python, so yes, you should learn it.

And, one more question,  How many Arduinos can I hook up to a Raspberry Pi 4B ? (1 GB ram)

15 hours ago, RAGNES7 said:

And, one more question,  How many Arduinos can I hook up to a Raspberry Pi 4B ? (1 GB ram)

As many as you like. 127 if you chose to set the arduinos as i2c slaves.

Whats your application? (why do you need an ai robot with vision?) if its for a school project, I would bite off less so you can chew it.

Also, how are you powering the unit?, battery packs add a lot of weight.

From what I was able to gather in 5 min from the google. Your "LN28" motor drivers should only use a few control pins, the pi can handle that, but you might want a port expander seeing as how your using quite a few drivers.

If I was doing a project of this caliber, I would mainly focus on getting the hardware to work first, worry about the ai latter. For testing motor functionality, you could set up a hardware controller / joystick.

Any more details you can provide about the project, the better, tag me if you have a question.