My first ever PC Build - I am a newbie please help :) Any tips are appreciated!

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

The motherboard is weak, i really recommend the msi gaming plus max or a-pro max. The 3600 is better in gaming than the 2700x. Kingston a400 is slow and unreliable. You don't need 32gb for gaming. 16gb is enough for the foreseeable future.

I've used the gigabyte board in my friends build and it does the job fine and he has a similar build though the motherboard box smelt of wasabi lol. Also the a400 isn't unreliable though I do agree with the slowness.

Well, you didn't make the changes I suggested, so i can't say much other than re-iterate my recommendations in the post above.

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Well, you didn't make the changes I suggested, so i can't say much other than re-iterate my recommendations in the post above.

I did though, changed the motherboard, and reduced the ram to 16gb

EDIT: Didnt realize that wasn't the motherboard you suggested, fixed it 

12 minutes ago, RainZone said:

Looks better. I'd still get the 3600 instead of 2700x. Also, do you really need the 3tb hdd? You can get a 1tb sdd fot the price of both that should be enough for plenty of games.

Just now, boggy77 said:

Looks better. I'd still get the 3600 instead of 2700x. Also, do you really need the 3tb hdd? You can get a 1tb sdd fot the price of both that should be enough for plenty of games.

I could go for a 2TB but I currently have a 1TB in my laptop and it's annoying how much I need to delete stuff to keep it clean, also I thought the 2700x was better for streaming and also cheaper?

2 minutes ago, RainZone said:

I could go for a 2TB but I currently have a 1TB in my laptop and it's annoying how much I need to delete stuff to keep it clean, also I thought the 2700x was better for streaming and also cheaper?

3600 is overall better. You can record gameplay with the gpu, it has a dedicated bit. You can get 1tb ssd first and in a few months when it starts filling up, get a hdd.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

3600 is overall better. You can record gameplay with the gpu, it has a dedicated bit. You can get 1tb ssd first and in a few months when it starts filling up, get a hdd.

There seems to be a comparability issue with the 3600:

image.thumb.png.0a973e14b62c5280bd7fcc01790b114d.png

8 minutes ago, RainZone said:

There seems to be a comparability issue with the 3600:

image.thumb.png.0a973e14b62c5280bd7fcc01790b114d.png

The MAX versions of the msi motherboards are guaranteed to work with the 3000 series, so don't worry about it.

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

The MAX versions of the msi motherboards are guaranteed to work with the 3000 series, so don't worry about it.

So I decided to reduce the capacity of the HDD to 2TB, and change change the CPU to what you recommended, but just to make sure, what do I do if the CPU isn't working with the motherboard?

Just now, boggy77 said:

The msi MAX series are guaranteed to work out of the box with the ryzen 3000 series cpus. You don't have anything to worry about.

Then thank you very much to you and @HealthyMindFrsh for your help! Have a great Christmas and new year! Best wishes to you both and your close ones :) 

1 minute ago, RainZone said:

Then thank you very much to you and @HealthyMindFrsh for your help! Have a great Christmas and new year! Best wishes to you both and your close ones :) 

Happy holidays and enjoy your pc