My first ever PC Build - I am a newbie please help :) Any tips are appreciated!

So I'm planning on building my first ever gaming PC next month, and I'm not sure how I'm going to build it.

1. Budget & Location

My budget is around $1200 USD, and my location is Hungary. 

2. Aim

I'm going to be using it for Programming/Gaming primarily, and also streaming, however that's not a major priority. 

For gaming I'm usually playing Overwatch/Osu/CSGO, but I want to start playing some Graphic heavy games like Nier Automata, BDO, and so on.

I might also try VR on this rig in the future. 

3. Monitors

I plan on having 1 moniter, and maybe adding 1 more in the future, but for now it's just 1.

I prefer to have a 1440p moniter and anywhere within 60Hz to 144hz, but I can go for 1080p if theres 144Hz :) 

4. Peripherals

I'll be using Windows for the OS. But I don't need anything else since I have the rest of the things :P  

My friends helped me compile a list but I'm not sure if this is good or not: Here's the list (Moniter not included)

image.thumb.png.c532388334654a0b31bab4f6b3a07caa.png

Also, I don't mind changing the GPU for something slightly weaker if it means I can reduce the price alot, so any recommendations on that would be great!

Any tips on things I can change to make the price lower is greatly appreciated, and Merry Christmas to any whom may read this post!

It's a decent list but I'd use a higher end second gen Ryzen 7 and remove the cooler as Ryzen cpu's already come with one. I will make a better list hang on!

9 minutes ago, RainZone said:

So I'm planning on building my first ever gaming PC next month so I've compiled a PC from PCPartPicker: Here's the list (Moniter not included)

1. Budget & Location

My budget is around $1200 USD, and my location is Hungary. 

2. Aim

I'm going to be using it for Programming/Gaming primarily, and also streaming, however that's not a major priority. 

For gaming I'm usually playing Overwatch/Osu/CSGO, but I want to start playing some Graphic heavy games like Nier Automata, BDO, and so on.

I might also try VR on this rig in the future. 

3. Monitors

I plan on having 1 moniter, and maybe adding 1 more in the future, but for now it's just 1.

I prefer to have a 1440p moniter and anywhere within 60Hz to 144hz, but I can go for 1080p if theres 144Hz :) 

4. Peripherals

I'll be using Windows for the OS. But I don't need anything else since I have the rest of the things :P  

Also, I don't mind changing the GPU for something slightly weaker if it means I can reduce the price alot, so any recommendations on that would be great!

Any tips on things I can change to make the price lower is greatly appreciated, and Merry Christmas to any whom may read this post!

I have downgraded/upgraded some stuff as you had chosen quite a few overpriced compenents + I added more ram and storage and upgraded your cpu to a ryzen 7 2700x as you mentioned a probability of streaming.

2 minutes ago, HealthyMindFrsh said:

I have downgraded/upgraded some stuff as you had chosen quite a few overpriced compenents + I added more ram and storage and upgraded your cpu to a ryzen 7 2700x as you mentioned a probability of streaming.

Thank you! I think you forgot to include the link though lol

Just now, HealthyMindFrsh said:

Wow this blows my mind that I can get 5 TB, double the RAM and a better CPU for cheaper than what I had put together, thank you kind sir!

Just now, RainZone said:

Wow this blows my mind that I can get 5 TB, double the RAM and a better CPU for cheaper than what I had put together, thank you kind sir!

no problem!

10 minutes ago, HealthyMindFrsh said:

Just a question, doesn't the B540M only have 1 case fan header? Because the case has 3 fans from what I know

19 minutes ago, RainZone said:

Just a question, doesn't the B540M only have 1 case fan header? Because the case has 3 fans from what I know

Hang on ima check coz usually case fans use molex

2 minutes ago, HealthyMindFrsh said:

Hang on ima check coz usually case fans use molex

If you don't have enough headers you can just use a 3 pin splitter like I did in my build: Image result for 3 pin splitter

6 minutes ago, HealthyMindFrsh said:

If you don't have enough headers you can just use a 3 pin splitter like I did in my build: Image result for 3 pin splitter

Oh I see, hopefully that will work!

10 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Thanks for the conversion and recommendations! But this is a bit out of my budget :/ But thank you nonetheless!

6 minutes ago, RainZone said:

Thanks for the conversion and recommendations! But this is a bit out of my budget :/ But thank you nonetheless!

You can replace the 2070 super with a 2060 super or rx5700. That should get the price down by about 100. If yoy need even lower costs, let me know you budget in euros (including or excluding monitor) and I'll do my best to come up with a balanced build.

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

You can replace the 2070 super with a 2060 super or rx5700. That should get the price down by about 100. If yoy need even lower costs, let me know you budget in euros (including or excluding monitor) and I'll do my best to come up with a balanced build.

I modified the list from @HealthyMindFrsh since some parts weren't in germany, and this is the list now: 

My budget is €1200 including moniter, do you think maybe I should drop the RTX and go for the 10 series?

1 minute ago, RainZone said:

I wouldn't drop RTX if I were you though I might drop other things like the ram, cheaper ssd and case and a semi or non modular power supply to save money. If you want you could downgrade the cpu to a Ryzen 5 2600x

8 minutes ago, HealthyMindFrsh said:

I wouldn't drop RTX if I were you though I might drop other things like the ram, cheaper ssd and case and a semi or non modular power supply to save money. If you want you could downgrade the cpu to a Ryzen 5 2600x

I changed the SSD for something cheaper, and PSU, but I really like the Case so i wont change that

1 minute ago, RainZone said:

That should be enough for a monitor though not an amazing 144hz one or something. I live in the uk and usually £100 (116 Euros) is fine for a 75hz monitor

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

How about this? I really like the case so I prefer not to change that

Just now, HealthyMindFrsh said:

That should be enough for a monitor though not an amazing 144hz one or something. I live in the uk and usually £100 (116 Euros) is fine for a 75hz monitor

Ah ok, I might end up going 75Hz, but I've never tried that, and I also feel like its a waste not to use 144Hz with a 2060S

Just now, RainZone said:

Ah ok, I might end up going 75Hz, but I've never tried that, and I also feel like its a waste not to use 144Hz with a 2060S

if you're playing with ray tracing doubt you'll make it to 144 anyways lol

2 minutes ago, RainZone said:

The motherboard is weak, i really recommend the msi gaming plus max or a-pro max. The 3600 is better in gaming than the 2700x. Kingston a400 is slow and unreliable. You don't need 32gb for gaming. 16gb is enough for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

The motherboard is weak, i really recommend the msi gaming plus max or a-pro max. The 3600 is better in gaming than the 2700x. Kingston a400 is slow and unreliable. You don't need 32gb for gaming. 16gb is enough for the foreseeable future.

Something like this?