Gigabit speed (internet)

Liamisko123

I've got a problem with my internet speed randomly switching from gigabit to 100mbps.

When i plug my ethernet cable in the internet speed is 1gigabit(the led next to the thernet cable port is orange).

After some time the led goes green and the internet speed is not anymore 1gigabit but 100mbps .

Any idea where the problem is ? 

Just now, Liamisko123 said:

Any idea where the problem is ?

Most likely a bad quality cable.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Most likely a bad quality cable.

Ah that's what i thought.... It is cat 5e so I should update to cat 7 or so right ?

Ah that's what i thought.... It is cat 5e so I should update to cat 7 or so right ?

No, cat5e is PERFECTLY FINE for gigabit. It's the quality of the cable and/or its connectors that is the problem, not the rated category of the cable.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

No, cat5e is PERFECTLY FINE for gigabit. It's the quality of the cable and/or its connectors that is the problem, not the rated category of the cable.

How do i know whether the cable is good quality or not ?
Might buy this one ..(https://www.alza.sk/oem-sftp-patchkabel-cat-7-s-konektormi-rj45-lsoh-3m-d5549504.htm) is it good ?

How do i know whether the cable is good quality or not ?

Technically, you don't until you try. That said, usually it's enough to just buy one that isn't a bargain-basement one. Just look for a UTP CAT5E from a more reputable shop.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Technically, you don't until you try. That said, usually it's enough to just buy one that isn't a bargain-basement one. Just look for a UTP CAT5E from a more reputable shop.

and make sure it doesn't say anything about copper clad aluminum or anything. If it's not pure copper then don't buy it :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: