Cannot boot to 970 EVO NVME SSD

RileyTheFox

Hey. I got a 970 EVO 500GB for Christmas and I have installed it correctly and it is being recognised by the BIOS and Windows. I have even made some partitions and cloned my existing SATA SSD to one of the partitions on the NVME drive. So if I have cloned it, that means I should be able to boot right to it... but no.

I have a Z370-F motherboard and I am on BIOS revision 2001 (24/04/2019)

I don't know what I need to do in order to boot to the drive. I can sometimes get it to appear in the boot order, but my BIOS just defaults to my 850 EVO (SATA SSD) even though I didn't put that in the boot order. What BIOS settings do I need to change in order to fix this? I doubt that it is failing to find an operating system on the new ssd, considering it is an exact clone of the SATA one. 

Please help, thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

19 minutes ago, Founders said:

Try using the Samsung Migration Tool

Thank you. This helped and I also changed the partition table to GPT as a different cloning software I used had put it back to MBR, so that might have been another reason for it to not work. Thank you for your help.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

21 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Thank you. This helped and I also changed the partition table to GPT as a different cloning software I used had put it back to MBR, so that might have been another reason for it to not work. Thank you for your help.

Yes, you will need to use GPT. Let me know if it works for you.