Will my old gtx 480 work with my newer dell mib 75r motherboard

Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
33 minutes ago, JannStuff said:

so my question is: is the motherboard (mib 75r) and the graphics card (gtx 480) even compatible?

It's compatible, did you test the GTX 480 on another system? and how did you connect the GPU power cables? most prebuilt systems don't have a PSU that has an 8-pin + 6-pin, let alone a PSU that can actually handle that kind of power draw.

Hey, I wanted to upgrade my dell computer with a new graphics card and my friend had a gtx 480 that wasnt in use. (i currently have a gt 730 so it will probably be a big improvement)

after i had swapped the cards the screen would not get a signal.

i tried switching dvi cable and unplugged and replugged pretty much every cable but with no sucess...

so my question is: is the motherboard (mib 75r) and the graphics card (gtx 480) even compatible?

thanks

33 minutes ago, JannStuff said:

It's compatible, did you test the GTX 480 on another system? and how did you connect the GPU power cables? most prebuilt systems don't have a PSU that has an 8-pin + 6-pin, let alone a PSU that can actually handle that kind of power draw.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Hey thanks for your post!

I swapped the psu to a 750 w psu so power should not be a problem..

And ofc I connected it with the correct power cables.

Today I tested it with a gtx 650 but I still got the “no signal detected”-problem.

(I tested the gtx 650 card in another system and it’s definitely working)

Why could it be that my gt 730 works while gtx 650 or gtx 480 does does not?
The cards are working so is it a motherboard issue or a pre-built dell computer issue?