CPU + which GPU?

vazful

Hello. So i have this CPU -> Intel Pentium G4560 and i was wondering if i should get a GPU from AMD or Nvidia, would i have compatibility issues if i get AMD?

nope.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Nope but the gpu might bottleneck.

Try on Google bottleneck calculator. Add your processor and any gpu(even you can try rtx 2080) then run calculate. It will automatically show you the non-bottlenecked gpu for processor.

@Malick BarrCorrect me if i am wrong but bottlenecking means that i wont get full advantage of the GPU WITHOUT any actual negative side effects right?

14 minutes ago, vazful said:

@Malick BarrCorrect me if i am wrong but bottlenecking means that i wont get full advantage of the GPU WITHOUT any actual negative side effects right?

screen tearing could happened

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

58 minutes ago, vazful said:

No not much negative effects.

Just you won't be able to use full potential of gpu(if too powerful for CPU) or CPU(if too powerful for gpu which is very less in cases).

Getting a AMD or Nvidia card doesn't matter for system, only matter for your wallet.

If u have the budget choose any company, there would be no compatibility issues.( Just remember bottleneck not to raise over 50% according to me.)

Here's the website to check:

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/

What if u dont play games that push your CPU/GPU even if one of these components bottlenecks the other? For example. Say you have Core i3 and an RTX 2080 but you play Warcraft 3. In this case, would there be AN ACTUAL harm to any of the components in the build? Or maybe u would spend more electricity?

On 12/25/2019 at 5:33 AM, vazful said:

Intel Pentium G4560

I wouldn't put anything more powerful than an RX 580 or 5500XT in there. On the plus side, those are cheap, and a very good value for the performance. (Nvidia is more expensive for the same performance)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Well, i was thinking, if im not going to have a problem with a good GPU considering i have this CPU and i wont play games that this CPU normally wouldnt be able to run then i get a good GPU now and later i get a good CPU as well. This is what im thinking..

10 minutes ago, vazful said:

Well, i was thinking, if im not going to have a problem with a good GPU considering i have this CPU and i wont play games that this CPU normally wouldnt be able to run then i get a good GPU now and later i get a good CPU as well. This is what im thinking..

What GPU do you have right now?

Also, please quote us so we know you're responding to us.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

3 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

What GPU do you have right now?

Also, please quote us so we know you're responding to us.

no GPU, the integrated one from the CPU.

9 minutes ago, vazful said:

no GPU, the integrated one from the CPU.

In that case, you can either go for an RX 570 for under $150USD, (unless your PSU can't handle it, in which case you'll be paying more for a replacement for that too) or upgrade your entire system to a much better one that also has an integrated GPU. (Ryzen 5 3400G will have about 5x the GPU performance, and about 1.5x the CPU performance)

1 minute ago, vazful said:

Not the worst psu but not great either. I would consider swapping it in near future just in case. But you should be good tbh to just drop some gpu in there

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

4 minutes ago, vazful said:

That should be OK, but it's right on the edge of OK. It'd do much better with the new CPU/motherboard/RAM than it would with just dropping in a 570. (lower power draw, by a LOT)

On 12/25/2019 at 8:42 AM, Malick Barr said:

Here's the website to check:

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/

I do not recommend bottleneck calculators because they can be misleading.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:33 AM, vazful said:

Hello. So i have this CPU -> Intel Pentium G4560 and i was wondering if i should get a GPU from AMD or Nvidia, would i have compatibility issues if i get AMD?

What is your budget? 

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

6 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

Especially that one, considering it recommends "a minimum of 64GB of RAM" for my 3600 + 5700XT system.?

16 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

They are not perfect but they give you a rough idea.

Rx 480 with that psu and cpu might do well but you might need to upgrade your psu for better future.

Also please tell how old that psu is? Cause psu can wear and tear down over long periods.

3 minutes ago, Malick Barr said:

They are not perfect but they give you a rough idea.

Best idea is to ask ppl which have experience in that ?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Even the Radeon rx 460 or r7 370 will be sufficient for this dual core cpu. Or the 1050/1050 ti for what it's worth. Since you're used to iGPU so far these already are a giant step forward.

Your PSU is sufficient to provide enough wattage even for rtx-series gpus, hence the criticism of your PSU is due to it's aged design (some would even argue with noise), not about insufficiency or danger.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:23 AM, vazful said:

What if u dont play games that push your CPU/GPU even if one of these components bottlenecks the other? For example. Say you have Core i3 and an RTX 2080 but you play Warcraft 3. In this case, would there be AN ACTUAL harm to any of the components in the build? Or maybe u would spend more electricity?

Where do you get the concept of ACTUAL HARM?  What made you think that components can actually be damaged by so called bottlenecks?

Wherever that is, stop reading that site.  Whoever that is, unfriend them.  If it's your parents, move out.

On 12/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, Sir0Tek said:

Even the Radeon rx 460 or r7 370 will be sufficient for this dual core cpu. Or the 1050/1050 ti for what it's worth. Since you're used to iGPU so far these already are a giant step forward.

Your PSU is sufficient to provide enough wattage even for rtx-series gpus, hence the criticism of your PSU is due to it's aged design (some would even argue with noise), not about insufficiency or danger.

Even for like a GTX 1660?
I dont mind the noise, if its actually sufficient and safe. Thats what i want to know. But i can upgrade it later just to be safe.
The TOP GPU i would get is something like an GTX 1660, so it would be appreciated if you guys could recommend PSUs with required characteristics for it. I mean, what matters more after all, the Watts? or the 80+ plus bronze/gold etc?

It will be sufficient for 1660/1660ti as well. I don't care much about labels. O.K., efficiency is nice and the better... the better.

Usually I also don't look at wattages, but I do look at 12V+ amperes. And I do look at the inside of the PSU, usually by searching the net for information about the very PSU. There's a Tier list here at LTT and you should look into it. For most common setups Tier C is sufficient, pre Haswell systems can go with some PSUs of the Tier D listings as well. Danger? Pah, no risk no fun...

Seriously, the usual lifespan of a PSU in regular use is about 5-10 years and it's likely that your PSU isn't that new anymore and one day it will probably fail. So far I've had a lot of failing PSUs within the last 20 years but not a single one of them did damage to other components. Lucky me? Or unlucky those few(?) who didn't had the luck?

Ironically, pre 1995 PSUs on some legacy computers still work like a charm but they're rarely in use.