RAM showing lower frequency in BIOS

Mchedlo
Go to solution Solved by GeoHandle,

xmp (or a-xmp) is basically allowing for a memory overclock (your ram is meant to work at that higher speed, but the motherboard considers it an overclock because it officially only supports the slower speed). Turn it on and it should work, if it doesn't once it is enabled you can manually set the speed.

Hey mates! Yesterday finally finished my rig. Today i was about to install windows and i noticed in Bios that computer doesnt recognize my ram speed correctly. I bought 2x8GB g.skill ripjaws 2666mhz and it sees it as 2133 :/ anany suggestions?

My mobo: ASrock B365M-pro4 

Just now, boggy77 said:

Enable xmp in what does it do? Just enable it?

xmp (or a-xmp) is basically allowing for a memory overclock (your ram is meant to work at that higher speed, but the motherboard considers it an overclock because it officially only supports the slower speed). Turn it on and it should work, if it doesn't once it is enabled you can manually set the speed.

1 hour ago, GeoHandle said:

Thank you