TTL Antec 1900 Review

Butterfish

So guys,

TTL made a review on the Antec 1900 and my opinion on the video is:.. fucking hilarious

Watch especially this part from 6:50 to 7:40

http://youtu.be/xGR1doubGqk?t=6m50s

What do you think of the case? Are Antec just digging their own grave?

The price of this monstrosity is £ 229 (375,55$)!!

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Never liked a single case from them so not that surprised.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Holy hell this case looks like it was kicked on the road to TTL instead of in the back of a truck. 

Error: 410

I have to see the antec 1100 on stilts whith ttl im pretty sure its going to be quite bad for the case.

That case is an atrocity.  I would love to hear Antec's reply to that review.  

*I have a cheap $20 USD Antec vsk3000 case, which I love.  So I don't hate on Antec, but that 1900 is bad.

So are their cases getting worse?

If the case was around £50 it would still be bad, but the price to quality&design wouldn't be so far off.

I have a gx700, and although it is a different class of case, it is far better than this.

When I first saw pictures of it last year I really thought it could somehow be a 900D competitor but Jesus was I wrong.

144Hz goodness

the quality control failures on the doors and the case feet are bad enough, but the price tag is just outrageous for what you get. what the hell were they thinking?!

So are their cases getting worse?

If the case was around £50 it would still be bad, but the price to quality&design wouldn't be so far off.

I have a gx700, and although it is a different class of case, it is far better than this.

The majority of their cases havnt been good for quite some time. Their last true good Classic Antec one was thee Sonata Solo II but even before then there were some very poor offerings. Also the DF series which was essentially a reimagining of the 300, 900, and 1200 wernt all that good and didnt do very well at all.

When I first saw pictures of it last year I really thought it could somehow be a 900D competitor but Jesus was I wrong.

Really? have you never seen a P280/Eleven Hundred?

So guys,

TTL made a review on the Antec 1900 and my opinion on the video is:.. fucking hilarious

Watch especially this part from 6:50 to 7:40

http://youtu.be/xGR1doubGqk?t=6m50s

What do you think of the case? Are Antec just digging their own grave?

The price of this monstrosity is £ 229 (375,55$)!!

won't go to the clickbait for the 60 minute video on him and his breathing.

Most of LTT members would do a better job at designing a case. Good lord. When i first saw it, i didnt think i was particularly attractive, with its long oval front. Now we know its completelly horrible. The red / green line makes it look quite nice tho. And its sleek front, so thats another plus.

And the price... omg.

This case seems to have really bad build quality. The flex on the plastic roof panel is unacceptable. I don't think this is going to sell well after people see his review.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I wish antec made as beast of a case like the 902 was, that thing was legend and built like a tank

you mean the 900? the 902 didnt have nearly the following of the 900.

This case seems to have really bad build quality. The flex on the plastic roof panel is unacceptable. I don't think this is going to sell well after people see his review.

I really wish there were more reviews of their newer cases as quality has taken a nose dive.

won't go to the clickbait for the 60 minute video on him and his breathing.

I linked a set time from 6:50. You don't have to watch the whole thing if you don't want to.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

you mean the 900? the 902 didnt have nearly the following of the 900.

I really wish there were more reviews of their newer cases as quality has taken a nose dive.

Well yeah the 902 is a better version of the 900, i think both were excellent for the time

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

OMG what have Antec done...... the mistakes that were fixed by other manufactures the past 3 years.... and what happened to the build quality? P180 anybody, loved that case, but this is just sad :(

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

I would much much rather have an H440.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I've got the 902 from Antec and I'm not disappointed by the build quality, but the features are lacking.

The features on the 1900 are even worse 5 years after the 902.

I'm probably gonna buy a H440 like everybody else for my next PC.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

The 1900 is an extended 1200 but worse build quality. I would have been more surprised if the case was good and not the failure it was expected to be and is now.

OMG what have Antec done...... the mistakes that were fixed by other manufactures the past 3 years.... and what happened to the build quality? P180 anybody, loved that case, but this is just sad :(

I have and am still using a P183 v3 and had a P180 Mini that a friend is still using. They used to have quality cases which you can still buy but dont expect it from their newer models. The only thing still decent coming out of Antec is their PSU's and thats only certain lines, mostly higher end.

The 1900 is an extended 1200 but worse build quality. I would have been more surprised if the case was good and not the failure it was expected to be and is now.

Its a extended 1100 dont disgrace the 1200.

Antec = king of crap. I've had products from them before and all I can say is that they aren't designed for practicality in any way.