Faulty RAM or MB?

ambision
hey m8's!

I've bought this MB (Gigabyte Aorus Ultra x570), and used 4 sticks of 16gb each to a total amount of 64gb or ram (G.Skill 4x16 @3200 DDR4).

only the 2 slots close to the cpu are being recognized (DDR_A1, DDR_A2). the 2 outer slots are not showing up in the bios or windows (DDR_B1, DDR_B2). Also, I'm getting this error message:  

"pmu memory training error at socket 0 channel 1 dimm 0 & dimm 1" 

I'm not using xmp, as it is not enabling me to boot, nor am I running it at the intended speed of 3200mhz. it runs on 2133mhz only, and at half capacity.

I'd love to get a tip on how to enable them or get any other help.

thank you.  

16.jpg

image.png

23.jpg

20191223_223929.jpg

20191223_223933.jpg

01.jpg

Do you have 4 sticks of the same type?

If not - A1 and B1 are slots for the same type of memory, and A2+B2 - second pair of slots. So reseat memory in proper slots.

Seems like a dead memory channel?

Reseat the memory and swap slots to see if the slots are the problem or the sticks are.

I'd also do a reseat of the CPU and make sure no pins are bent and that everything looks good down in the socket area (no dust blocking a pin, etc.)

if all that fails, and the problem isn't isolated to a specific set of RAM sticks, then it's likely a CPU memory controller issue. (or a motherboard issue, but less likely)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

20 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Do you have 4 sticks of the same type?

If not - A1 and B1 are slots for the same type of memory, and A2+B2 - second pair of slots. So reseat memory in proper slots.

Yes, they're of the