New Radeon Drivers 2020 Bad?

gigitar

So the new radeon drivers seem to just have so many problems why is it that amd always has problems with getting stuff to work right? Im not trying to be biased I like AMD but this has to be the worst experience i've had. Anyone else have issues with the drivers, Mine dont even open the settings anymore just opens then the driver software crashes intantly....

2 hours ago, gigitar said:

So the new radeon drivers seem to just have so many problems why is it that amd always has problems with getting stuff to work right? Im not trying to be biased I like AMD but this has to be the worst experience i've had. Anyone else have issues with the drivers, Mine dont even open the settings anymore just opens then the driver software crashes intantly....

Rollback to previous version until they fix all the problems. 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Mine ran fine until I played BFV - my display kept switching off and I had to restart my computer. If that didn't happen then I'd have incredible amounts of stuttering. But in other games like CS:GO and Dota2 it ran perfectly fine. In the end I just DDU'd my display drivers and then installed the previous drivers (19.12.1 I think?). And now everything works fine. Just got to give AMD time.

6 hours ago, gigitar said:

I upgraded a RX 570 to a RX 5700 last night and installed the latest AMD drivers. Onward VR gave me this funky double vision display and was essentially unplayable. Resident Evil 2 kept completely locking my computer up during the load screen. It was weird because every time I ctrl+alt+del to try to force quit the game it would load a little further, until I made the game window active again and then it would lock back up. I had the latest RX 570 drivers with my old card and never experienced these issues.

It's not a huge deal because I hardly ever play those 2 games I had issues with, but if I find myself not able to rely on games working properly, I will have serious doubts about ever using AMD again for my graphics.

Upgrading to 19.12.2 gave me around 4-5% performance increase on my RX 5700. The new AMD Control panel is so much easier to use and Watch Dogs 2 is finally playable since it stuttered very bad before. Now I'm running 19.12.3 and no issues so far.

Intel Core i5-13600KF @ 5.4/4.3Ghz (P/E) / Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black / ASRock Z790 PG Lightning / 32GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 @ 6400Mhz CL32 / PowerColor Radeon RX 6950 XT Red Devil 16GB @ 2700Mhz / Samsung 980 Pro 1TB / WD Blue SN570 2TB / Corsair RM1000x / Lian Li Lancool 216 / Lenovo G27Q-20 (1440p & 165Hz IPS)

1 minute ago, Lare111 said:

Upgrading to 19.12.2 gave me around 4-5% performance increase on my RX 5700. The new AMD Control panel is so much easier to use and Watch Dogs 2 is finally playable since it stuttered very bad before. Now I'm running 19.12.3 and no issues so far.

I forget what version drivers I have, I just know theres an optional update...might try that before messing in uefi

11 hours ago, gigitar said:

Use DDU and install the newest driver again. This isn't an AMD-only issue, Nvidia has problems just like this all the time too.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms