Internet to my driveway project

Timothymor

I'm trying to get reliable internet to my driveway entrance for at least 1 camera.

I have already tried wifi(not strong enough)( I tried a satellite wifi dish but it flew away with the wind when it was stormy...)

I tried powerline but that was just terrible... 

When my house was constructed they put a 16 collor cable(svv 16) to there but it's not twisted.... So it will probably not work as a utp. 

I have a moca adaptor coming in in a few days( different project in my house) maybe I can diy it with the 16 color cable. 

Any other ideas? 

IMG_20191222_161918.jpg

what wifi did you try? Nanostation on a parabolic? I mean how long of a distance are you talking about here?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I tried a ubiquiti lite beam m5. On the roof of my house (this worked good for 4 moths until a storm blew it away, I tried to reinstall it but doesn't work anymore...) 

And the distance is around 80 meters with some trees in the way

And when I was using the lite beam m5 the connection dropped some times... 

PoE camera and a single Ethernet cable is one option. Solves both power and connectivity issues and is within the spec (100 meters). Ubiquiti wireless is kinda overkill for a single camera.

Do you already have a camera? Is there a conduit run in the ground? Can you run another cable in the ground?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

I would love to run an utp to there.... 

My mom (garden person) not so much. The camera is a reolink camera(has wifi) 

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id try running at that cable at 10mbit, you can run 10mbit-baset on basically anything and will be fine for a camera.

Will trie to do that! 

37 minutes ago, Timothymor said:

Will trie to do that! 

Then pull anouther cable? Is the only one in conduit.

Only other idea is running dsl over those lines as dsl is made for crappy cables.

Even if it doesn't come up at 10Mbps, if that cable is running through a conduit to your house, you might be able to use it as a pull cable to pull a new length of twisted pair through. The only risk would be if it got stuck, so you would want to use some thin but strong tape that would be unlikely to catch on anything.

30 minutes ago, Michael Ducharme said:

Even if it doesn't come up at 10Mbps, if that cable is running through a conduit to your house, you might be able to use it as a pull cable to pull a new length of twisted pair through. The only risk would be if it got stuck, so you would want to use some thin but strong tape that would be unlikely to catch on anything.

a plastic bag zip tied to string and a strong vacuum usually makes really quick work of conduit pulling.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Little problem.... 

I thought I knew where the svv16 cable entered my house..... Apperently I don't know.... 

How to find where this cable come in the house....? 

Jr45 cable finders are kind of weak... Better options?