New grapics card (280x?)

Stampkonijn

I am upgrading my pc, and I also want a new graphics card. I dont earn much per month, so the 290x is not an option. Is the 280x much worse?

I am upgrading my pc, and I also want a new graphics card. I dont earn much per month, so the 290x is not an option. Is the 280x much worse?

budget? i wouldnt go for amd cards right now due to their inflated prices because of mining 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

budget? i wouldnt go for amd cards right now due to their inflated prices because of mining 

I earn 68 euros per month:/

I earn 68 euros per month:/

nono how much are you willing to spent on the card at most? so i can give you links to choices that fit the amount of money that you can spend 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

SAV1OUR is saying to get the gtx 770 at a lower price if you don`t want amd features like free games(IF) and mantle. right? couse amd cards prices are HIGH,150$ more than launch price. so ofc get the gtx 770 if its ~100$ cheaper

In terms of raw performance, yes the 280x is worse than the 290x. But the 290x costs significantly more than the 280x.

It is all up to you, the 280x is pretty damn good, it's basically a 7970.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

The GTX 770 or R9 280X, et whichever one is cheaper. They are fairly the exact same price, if those God dammed miners didn't drive the prices up you'd be able to get a 290.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

GTX 770 from MSI or from Gigabyte. If you flash the BIOS on it with either of those coolers you are going to have a good time.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Since it appears that you will not be mining with these cards, I would opt for a GTX 770. (if you're looking for non-reference models, the EVGA 770 w/ ACX cooler would be a solid choice) You're looking at Max settings at 1080p at just about any game you throw at it. 

If you have plans on mining later on down the road, then a 280x could be a good choice for you. Nevertheless, its your choice. 

//CCap

//ccap

Since it appears that you will not be mining with these cards, I would opt for a GTX 770. (if you're looking for non-reference models, the EVGA 770 w/ ACX cooler would be a solid choice) You're looking at Max settings at 1080p at just about any game you throw at it.

If you have plans on mining later on down the road, then a 280x could be a good choice for you. Nevertheless, its your choice.

//CCap

Exactly what he says. I am using a Gigabyte GTX 770, and I LOVE my 770!

"Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey".... Yeah

-The Doctor

If you really don't want to spend much on a GPU the HD7870/R9 270 would be a good option at the price. The GTX 760 would cost more but would perform better. If you are willing to spend the money get the GTX 770.

Quote me to get a reply!

nono how much are you willing to spent on the card at most? so i can give you links to choices that fit the amount of money that you can spend 

Oh sorry, in that case something between 170 - 230 euros

Specs

Since OP is from Netherland AMD prices are not going to be inflated like they are in NA. Recommending Nvidia due to mining isn't actually a reason in this case.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G