Cpu Cooler Bracket touching VRMs

SwarlesBrkly

IMG_20191221_232502.thumb.jpg.36613fd8f745e6e77954d3ca893a2775.jpgIMG_20191221_232432.thumb.jpg.f62676a2428b705287ff5caed83ad5c1.jpg- B450 Aorus elite MB

- Ryzen 5 2600x

- Alpenföhn Brocken Eco

Just installed the cpu cooler on the motherboard and the top bracket of the cpu cooler is "sitting" on top of the vrams. It doesn't apply any sort of pressure AFAIK. The cpu cooler was mounted with care. Temps after some stress testing seem fine. No problems so far

I assumed it actually kinda works as a heat sink for the vrms just wanted to make sure it's not a bad idead.. Anyone else encountered this situation before? 

Edited by SwarlesBrkly
Added pictures

Can you provide a picture?

EDIT: That looks fine as long as it doesn't put any pressure on the caps.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

6 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Can you provide a picture?

EDIT: That looks fine as long as it doesn't put any pressure on the caps.

I just loosely tightend the screws so it's enough to keep the cooler in place. It seemed there was even a little space left. hard to see though.

I don't hear any vibration or anything suspicious after couple of hours of use. I might loosen it a bit tomorrow or see if a piece of paper can fit under it.. Only way I can see if it's actually touches the vrms

5 minutes ago, SwarlesBrkly said:

It seemed there was even a little space left. hard to see though.

I'd try sliding a piece of paper between it. If you're lucky it's just a really tiny gap but not actually touching.