Ryzen 5 3600 with 2070 super ?

RedHoodxD

upgrading from i5 4690k and gtx 960 . considering Ryzen 5 3600 with 2070 super 

any suggestions?

Edit ;- 650W PSU enough for this build ?

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Decent combo

What are you trying to run?

1080p 144hz ultra . lol

Just now, RedHoodxD said:

1080p 144hz ultra . lol

Yeah that's good. Will allow you to move up to a higher resolution in the future too.

Have you considered a 5700 XT?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Yeah that's good. Will allow you to move up to a higher resolution in the future too.

Have you considered a 5700 XT?

yes but features like nvidia ansel  is missing .also im more comfortable with nvidia cuz i used it before 

1 minute ago, RedHoodxD said:

yes but features like nvidia ansel  is missing .also im more comfortable with nvidia cuz i used it before 

That's fair if you use ansel frequently I suppose.

RT really isn't worth the price hike though- just so you know. But get what you want!

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 hours ago, Slottr said:

That's fair if you use ansel frequently I suppose.

RT really isn't worth the price hike though- just so you know. But get what you want!

hmmm . thanks for your suggestions ?

edit ; also 650W power supply enough for this build ?

Edited by RedHoodxD

Iam having ryzen 5 3600x (I had a luck and got this brand new for the price of 3600 - I wouldnt spend extra money for that)

+ Gainward rtx2070 super

Iam playing everything pretty much on ultra (except rdr2) on FULLHD display in resolution 2715x1527 and it no problems.

It is a great combo and I hope in few years it will still be viable when I go down to normal for example.

edit: I think in the future when the card will be still up to date and CPU not handling new games smoothly, when that happenes you might still be able to play on high setting as GPU might not be the limiting factor.. its better to have lower fps in good visuals than having lower fps in bad visuals

4 hours ago, RedHoodxD said:

hmmm . thanks for your suggestions ?

edit ; also 650W power supply enough for this build ?

Yes it is

9 hours ago, RedHoodxD said:

1080p 144hz ultra . lol

3900X with 2080 Ti.  In fact you might even want a 9900k OC'ed because even a 9900k OC'ed to 5.0 Ghz won't get you 144 fps on Ultra setting at 1080p on RDR2 with a 2080 ti, it falls short by about 20 fps or so.  

On a side note, aside from 1 or 2 very highly demanding current AAA titles, a Ryzen 3600 with a 2070 Super will get you 144hz at 1080p on most games.  Just be aware that there are some games like Metro Exodus, RDR2, Star Citizen Alpha and likely the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 that is rumored to be very demanding that you will likely have to run at 60 fps ultra or bring down the setting to high/medium-high in order to hit the 144 fps target you ideally want with a 144 Hz monitor.

21 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

3900X with 2080 Ti.  In fact you might even want a 9900k OC'ed because even a 9900k OC'ed to 5.0 Ghz won't get you 144 fps on Ultra setting at 1080p on RDR2 with a 2080 ti, it falls short by about 20 fps or so.  

On a side note, aside from 1 or 2 very highly demanding current AAA titles, a Ryzen 3600 with a 2070 Super will get you 144hz at 1080p on most games.  Just be aware that there are some games like Metro Exodus, RDR2, Star Citizen Alpha and likely the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 that is rumored to be very demanding that you will likely have to run at 60 fps ultra or bring down the setting to high/medium-high in order to hit the 144 fps target you ideally want with a 144 Hz monitor.

i know that AAA demanding game cant reach 144fps on ultra. i play r6s mainly and other e-spots game which can reach easy 144fps on ultra on 2070S

One of the best combos out there right now. Depending on your workload, the amount of ram you need may vary. If for gaming only 16gb is enough (although I saw a tiny bit of improvement in gaming when going from 16gb to 32gb, but I'm running games in 4k with a 9900k and 2080 TI)

15 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

One of the best combos out there right now. Depending on your workload, the amount of ram you need may vary. If for gaming only 16gb is enough (although I saw a tiny bit of improvement in gaming when going from 16gb to 32gb, but I'm running games in 4k with a 9900k and 2080 TI)

thx for suggestion