Watercooling the google chromecast ultra

AndreiArgeanu

So, there's been lots of reports of the google chromecast overheating when playing games on stadia and the only fix to that issue is to make an overkill cooling solution. So, below is the chromecast ultra and I'm wondering what kind of waterblock would actually fit on it, or at least on the heat spreader and how would it be mounted. 

I think this could make for a very interesting project. 

Also I never saw the water cooled red camera in fully working condition. What happened to that project?

Screenshot_20191219_131559_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.95fd4d643c98d8981684e79cb8391a32.jpg

Dont think there would be any sadly. Maybe make your own? 

Also; they're still busy with that i think. Big project

If youve gotta rig up a watercooling loop for it you might as well just buy a console at that point.

Its gonna add more cost and then your going to have to rig it up some way.

My wife would have a huge issue with me having a ghetto rigged loop hooked up to the living room TV.

Personally i dont see anything about stadia worth using. 

The old vram water blocks would work. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2019 at 8:27 AM, AndreiArgeanu said:

So, there's been lots of reports of the google chromecast overheating when playing games on stadia and the only fix to that issue is to make an overkill cooling solution. So, below is the chromecast ultra and I'm wondering what kind of waterblock would actually fit on it, or at least on the heat spreader and how would it be mounted. 

I think this could make for a very interesting project. 

Also I never saw the water cooled red camera in fully working condition. What happened to that project?

Screenshot_20191219_131559_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.95fd4d643c98d8981684e79cb8391a32.jpg

Older post I know but maybe an ssd waterblcok since they make those and they finally uploaded another video about the red camera a little while ago