Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus White VGA led - won't post

5 hours ago, Tezzrexx said:

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking too. I've tried different GPUs, power supply and still the same problem, narrowed it down to motherboard.

RMA time!

Dont think it will solve the issue since I think this is a bios or board issue. RMA will get you the same board with probably the same issue. Unless the vendor agrees on changing it for a Gigabyte for example. People have been complaining about this problem since December so if nothing changed so far, I think this model has a problem

9 hours ago, JonnyU said:

hey, same here. Sometimes the system posts, sometimes it doesnt. When it posts, everything works properly.

Since there are no bios updates available, i went to the bios and disabled everything that I didnt need like SATA ports etc.

Still, it happens. White led, does not move forward, sometimes no matter how many reboots i do.

I dont believe this is a GPU issue because from all these posts I see radeon users, geforce users with different brands but all share 1 thing: an Asus X570 TUF motherboard so the issue is related with the motherboard.

Now I think too, the motherboard is the problem. I've borrowed GPU from my friend and still the same issue so I think it's confirmed. Today I've wrote to ASUS support, will see what they reply but I think return will be necessary.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, JonnyU said:

hey, same here. Sometimes the system posts, sometimes it doesnt. When it posts, everything works properly.

Since there are no bios updates available, i went to the bios and disabled everything that I didnt need like SATA ports etc.

Still, it happens. White led, does not move forward, sometimes no matter how many reboots i do.

I dont believe this is a GPU issue because from all these posts I see radeon users, geforce users with different brands but all share 1 thing: an Asus X570 TUF motherboard so the issue is related with the motherboard.

Is it still happening for you?

Hi, I have a related question.

I have the same mobo, GPU is a RTX 2070 Super.

I noticed that sometimes when I boot my machine, the white LED light stays on, but it boots and works normally.

And sometimes the white LED goes away after booting.

Any idea what the white LED stuck on means?

On 5/24/2020 at 6:20 PM, JonnyU said:

Dont think it will solve the issue since I think this is a bios or board issue. RMA will get you the same board with probably the same issue. Unless the vendor agrees on changing it for a Gigabyte for example. People have been complaining about this problem since December so if nothing changed so far, I think this model has a problem

Received a new board... Same issue. Could it be CPU or RAM? Though I would've thought the mobo would flash either the red LED or amber LED? :(

Hi guys, also having the same issue...

I've received the X570 TUF and the 3800X this monday and proceeded installing it with a 2080 TI. At first it worked just fine, got into windows, installed a few drivers, rebooted a few times, then I noticed that the CPU was running hot, so I turned the computer off, changed the cooler from Low to High (physical switch on the wraith prism) and it wouldn't boot anymore (had also installed a few drivers before powering off, including Asus Armoury Crate updates, so it might have been this??).

After two days of troubleshooting (tried lots of things...) I can only get it to boot with the GPU on the PCIe x16 slot 2, it works fine however on this slot it only runs at 4x, which is enough to start losing performance on a 2080 TI (plus airflow sucks on the lower slot).

I've requested the RMA but I believe it will take a long time, given current world situation... However I'm worried that since the PCIe slot 1 is controlled by the CPU, it might actually be an issue with the 3800x instead of the X570.

If anyone wants to try, I saw an old post in another forum with a similar issue and the OP solved it by changing the PSU. Unfortunately I don't have a spare PSU to test, but I do think it might be the cause, since my PSU does not have the 8+4 that the mobo requires (but again, it worked at first... 🙄).

2 hours ago, ABarretto said:

Hi guys, also having the same issue...

I've received the X570 TUF and the 3800X this monday and proceeded installing it with a 2080 TI. At first it worked just fine, got into windows, installed a few drivers, rebooted a few times, then I noticed that the CPU was running hot, so I turned the computer off, changed the cooler from Low to High (physical switch on the wraith prism) and it wouldn't boot anymore (had also installed a few drivers before powering off, including Asus Armoury Crate updates, so it might have been this??).

After two days of troubleshooting (tried lots of things...) I can only get it to boot with the GPU on the PCIe x16 slot 2, it works fine however on this slot it only runs at 4x, which is enough to start losing performance on a 2080 TI (plus airflow sucks on the lower slot).

I've requested the RMA but I believe it will take a long time, given current world situation... However I'm worried that since the PCIe slot 1 is controlled by the CPU, it might actually be an issue with the 3800x instead of the X570.

If anyone wants to try, I saw an old post in another forum with a similar issue and the OP solved it by changing the PSU. Unfortunately I don't have a spare PSU to test, but I do think it might be the cause, since my PSU does not have the 8+4 that the mobo requires (but again, it worked at first... 🙄).

Stuck at the White LED?

49 minutes ago, Tezzrexx said:

Stuck at the White LED?

Exatcly, sometimes with both VGA_LED and the green BOOT_LED at the same tiem (couldn't find what it means to have both on at the same time...).

1 hour ago, ABarretto said:

Exatcly, sometimes with both VGA_LED and the green BOOT_LED at the same tiem (couldn't find what it means to have both on at the same time...).

I'm sure I read the white green LED as a possible problem with storage, but who honestly knows with this board!

I'm giving up and going for the new MSI tomahawk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I found a partial/temporary solution for my case, just sharing in case anyone need it and is willing to try. I used electrical tape to block the GPU contacts to make it into 'physical' PCIe x8 card. This way the motherboard was able to recognize it on the first slot and I'm currently using it as a x8 istead of x4 like before (checked on HWInfo64). I guess this really shows that the issue is on the mobo PCIe (specially on the lanes x9~x16).

Just in case you are wondering, this change made my OC'ed 3DMark Spy GPU score go from ~13400 to ~14700 (my gpu seem to clock really well, at 2160mhz max but on daily use I leave it at 2010mhz@70c). I wonder if it would make much of a difference to actually use it on a x16 slot, I guess the gain would be much smaller.

Obs.: It's been 2 weeks that I've opened the mobo RMA request, still no answer.

Mine turned out to by a CPU issue in the end and had to RMA, but this mobo certainly sent me down the wrong path with the LED lights. Also my m.2 slot has cooled down loads since moving to the MSI board.

HI, wondering if anyone else has came across this issue and managed to understand what is happening?.

I am in contact with MSI i have followed their instructions and to no avail still the same issue. I have used different hardware both switching the 3600x

into a different b450 board (ASrock Steel Legend worked perfectly fine) and swapping out the the 1070 for a 1080ti, rx 480, and a gtx 1060 6gb which did the same thing (VGA LED error). 

I also tried different memory kits still the same.

I have recorded 2 videos demonstrating what i have to do to get the system up and running

(not the best video quality or audio in that matter lol).

1st: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrKRXIDvDjQ

2nd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ollQ7-OPfZE

I have an Asus Tuf X570 + WiFi with a PowerCooler (PC) Red Dragon 5700 card.   I had the same VGA issue with no POST. 

Through some trial and error, I discovered the issue was a power cable problem. 

One of the metal connectors inside of the PCIe power cable was missing.  So there was no power getting to the GPU. 

I jumped through some hoops first .....

-  The system would post using an old Matrox card I had laying around, so I assumed that the mobo was fine. 

-  Switching PCI slots did not help. 

- Updating the BIOS did not help.

- Moving the PCIe power cable to a different port on the PSU did not help. 

I only discovered the cable issue as I was about to test the PSU with my multi-meter and saw the missing connector.  

I swapped the cable and the system booted just fine. 

The PC GPU will spin the fans on initial power on.   I am not sure if all cards do this or not.   But if you see no fan movement, that could be a pointer to a power issue. 

(Thanks to this forum for providing some pointers.   I've not built hardware in about 10 years, so the comments here were helpful. )

This is clearly a recurring problem.  I built a PC with Asus Crosshair VIII + AMD 3900X + Asus 2070 Super and it booted up the first time.  No issues from day one. 

I built a second PC with Asus Crosshair VIII + AMD 3800X + 1060 Super - Same white light fail.  Dropped in a $55 570XT and it booted up just fine.  But one can't use the 570XT for design work.  Worked with Asus support (who were wonderful), but no success.  Returned the motherboard and 1060 Super.

Tried again using the Asus X570 F Gaming + the same AMD 3800X from above + 1060TI.  Same problem.  No post with white light.  Boots up fine using 570XT.

The Asus website says the bios version in the X570 F Gaming supports 3800X, but I'm starting to wonder if the CPU might be the problem?

I used to like Asus, but this is truly making me wonder.  As others have said, it either needs to be the MOBO or the CPU, but which is it?

Hey guys same issue here. 

Here's the new build setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus AM4 (no wifi)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V series (2 x 16gb) DDR4-3200

Storage: Intel 660P Series 1.02TB M.2-2280

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 8GB

Quick story, I'm visiting California and while I'm out here I'm helping my gf's brother build a pc for digital design software like solidworks. Anyways, the Corsair 750w PSU hasn't come in and I've got to leave soon so we grabbed a cheap 380W from an electronics store just so we could post the build and get windows installed before I leave town. We first attempted using only the onboard graphics because we were concerned about not having enough power for the GPU (no 6pin for the PCIE GPU on this PSU either). Everything powers up, 2 case fans and heatsink fan, the boards RGB, the boards small fan, and front panel LED. But the white VGA board light stays on after cycling through the other boot up lights. We've tried:

-Different DP and HDMI cables

-both the onboard HDMI and DP ports

-2 monitors and 1 tv

-eventually installed GPU and attempted with 2 of it's 4 display ports

-re-seated everything on the board (except the CPU)

-pulled the usb3.0 for the sake of how much power it uses

We still get no display input and the VGA light stays on

After reading through this forum, I'm starting to think this is an issue with the board, but I wanted some other people's perspectives to see if there is anything else I can try. Unfortunately because I'm not home for this build, we don't have any spare PSU's, MB's, or CPU's to swap and test. I see a lot of people have tried that (with little success), just wanted to inform in case anything like that was a proposed test.

Anything helps, thanks everyone!

Good news: Here's what I did:

1) I discovered that Asus put up a BIOS update for my board (X570 F-Gaming) on 7/3/2020.  Unzipped the file to a thumb drive.

2) Removed the Gigabyte GTX 1660TI

3) Dropped in temporarily a MSI GT710 ($55 from Amazon)

4) Started computer.  With the GT710 the MOBO will post.

5) Went into setup and upgraded the BIOS using the upgrade utility in Setup.  In theory one can do this without going into setup or having video.

6) Removed the GT710 and reinstalled the GTX 1660TI: Success!

Note that a monitor must be active and potentially fast/new enough for the GTX 1660TI to respond to.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Asus tuf x570 plus
3700x
msi triox 2070super
zotac extreme amp 980ti
Aorus NVMe SSD, PCIe 4.0

Hey
I've had the same problem since today.
the white and green LEDs are on and there's no post.
I have tried both graphics cards without success and I have removed the pcie nvme but without any improvement.

i have ordered a GT710 from amazon and hope that i can update the bios with it.
I will report here again
greetings from germany

Here Xite1904,

IT WORKED !!!!!!! THANK U GUYS !!!!! but with 2704 d.o.h.c dont work with my ripjaws, u must type in it manualy then it works fine !

gt710 ftw!

grafik.png.4054d02d6c92c279c9d6bdf87de27a54.png

i had many problems with version 2407. d.o.h.c. did not work. With manually entered timings it worked for one day after that the computer could not be started anymore. Only a CMOS reset helped, but every time I set the timings I had exactly the same problem. Today I downgraded to 2404 and since then everything works fine !

grafik.png.832e39f0f989231830b422061a21b2cb.png

grafik.png

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I've just bought (yesterday) the new Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus and I've the same problem. A couple of bios access, just to set the right frequency for my 16gb ram module and than...white LED (plus green LED) and no signal to the monitor. I've update the latest bios version, via the button placed in the back of the MoBo (version 2206 1004) than I tried again but still no image. 

Than I made a try...I've disconnected the PCI-E power supply from my graphic card (an "old" 1060), started the PC again...obviosly, no video signal. Turned the PC off and than I've re-connected the power supply to the Graphics card and...magically the white led is gone and now i'm installing the OS.

Since I've just bought this Mobo from Amazon, and I can - if needed - send it back for a replacement, my question is...does anyone knows if this issue is at the attention of Asus? How many chance do I have to be again in the "White LED area"? I've read a lot of post in this site, with different Mobo but same issue, which make me think that is something not so rare and with no easy solution...except the replacement and/or the sobstitution of the Mobo.

Waiting for a wiser user/owner.
Thanks 

ps: I'm from Italy and so...be patient with my english!

Old post I know.

tuf x570 

Ryzen 3700x

GeForce 2070
16 GB Team 2400 ram

This JUST happened to me like 10 mins ago. The way I fixed this...very specific problem for me though: moved DP cable from GPU to onboard. Still white light on VGA...but, this time it logs me into Windows. Immediately checked graphics settings. Shows I have an extra monitor being detected when I don’t have a 2nd monitor connected (per se). I have both HDMI and DP going into my monitor. DP on GPU for gaming PC and HDMI on a Dell dicking station (d6000) for work laptop (laptop not even connected to dick). Once I unplugged the HDMI cable from the back of my monitor the extra mnitor disappeared from Windows settings. Rebooted with DP back into GPU. Posts with no light and boots into Windows. What’s strange is that I’ve it set up like this for a month now with no issue. In fact this monitor has a PIP mode for 2 different sources. So there must be something else happening here.

Joined this community just to post this. Hope this helps somebody out there. Thank you and stay healthy!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 8:23 AM, RadioactiveGraphite said:

Old post I know.

tuf x570 

Ryzen 3700x

GeForce 2070
16 GB Team 2400 ram

This JUST happened to me like 10 mins ago. The way I fixed this...very specific problem for me though: moved DP cable from GPU to onboard. Still white light on VGA...but, this time it logs me into Windows. Immediately checked graphics settings. Shows I have an extra monitor being detected when I don’t have a 2nd monitor connected (per se). I have both HDMI and DP going into my monitor. DP on GPU for gaming PC and HDMI on a Dell dicking station (d6000) for work laptop (laptop not even connected to dick). Once I unplugged the HDMI cable from the back of my monitor the extra mnitor disappeared from Windows settings. Rebooted with DP back into GPU. Posts with no light and boots into Windows. What’s strange is that I’ve it set up like this for a month now with no issue. In fact this monitor has a PIP mode for 2 different sources. So there must be something else happening here.

Joined this community just to post this. Hope this helps somebody out there. Thank you and stay healthy!

OMG! i just had the same problem! my hdmi cable wasn't plugged into anything other than my monitor but i unplugged it, plugged dp cable to onboard, booted still got the white light. powered off, plugged dp on gpu then booted up and am running! thanks for your post, it definitely helped me!

On 1/13/2020 at 8:52 AM, heqimi said:

Might be unrelated but I have the same motherboard with ryzen 3700X and Nvidia 1080ti and it wouldnt POST via displayport. It would post via HDMI though.

The solution was to update the firmware of GPU using this https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

This solved my white LED issue with the Asus Z390-e and dual 1070's in SLI.  Thank you @heqimi !!!  I too was having the issue where it wouldn't post using Display Port but finally posted in HDMI.  Great solution here! 

Sorry for a bump, but I also had this problem (different board, but also Asus and also X570, the Pro WS X570-ACE). In my case I plugged everything in, including Quadro P4000 and the same stuck white LED happened. The problem was that I had no DisplayPort monitor around, so I used the DP-HDMI adapter. After bringing in a proper DP-equipped monitor and using proper DP cable everything worked fine. 

The person that suggested me to do it told me that some cards won't let POST happen if they can't output the signal correctly.