Fail to update Win10 to 1909

FreqEvans

Hi LTT forum people!

When I try to update from Win10 1903 to 1909 I've got the 0x80073701 error by Windows Update. On Google I didn't find nothing that helped me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

How did you install windows?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I had an issue recently where it would start to update and then fail at 7% every time on reboot. I had to download the installer from Microsoft and run that installer/updater tool to make it work.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

59 minutes ago, Enderman said:

How did you install windows?

In first time? I'd Windows 8.1 on an HDD, then I installed Windows 10 without keep any personal files on an SSD and then I copied my files from the HDD. I used the same Product Key of Win 8.1 for my Win 10 Home and somehow it works. Oh Gosh... Maybe the problem is about that... I need to try.

57 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I had an issue recently where it would start to update and then fail at 7% every time on reboot. I had to download the installer from Microsoft and run that installer/updater tool to make it work.

I tried the same thing just before. I have downloaded the ISO of 1909 version and tried to update from it. When it comes to the 100% a popup window tell me that the update failed.

(sorry for my english guys, I'm Italian!)

I know it sucks but you probably have to do a fresh install (unless that's what you were already trying) 

And yes your old windows key should definitely work but write it down, just in case. 

And make backups of any important files you want to keep as a fresh install (of win 10) will erase everything on your OS drive. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

26 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I know it sucks but you probably have to do a fresh install (unless that's what you were already trying) 

And yes your old windows key should definitely work but write it down, just in case. 

And make backups of any important files you want to keep as a fresh install (of win 10) will erase everything on your OS drive. 

I think that I'll buy a new SSD for the occasion.. it's Christmas time! ??