Powerful pre-built rig but not the absolute raw potential

ImportDaddy

Hi guys. Long story short I've had this rig for a bit, it's nice and all and most of the time the power I get from it is pretty decent with most of the decently optimized games. Unfortunately however powerful this rig is I just cannot get the smooth experience most of the youtubers or streamers I watch on the games that are a bit more on the demanding spectrum although sometimes our rigs are practically the same.

I've included my dxdiag partially below. 

One example to this is Escape From Tarkov. I've seen streamers with similar rigs to mine playing this game like absolute room temperature salted butter but when it comes to me here I am sitting with an open blowback 1080Ti getting lower FPS than the potential of this rig and stutters all over the place and I've been having issues with it. Could it be the motherboard, maybe it's cheap RAM with low speed, idk. I just thought maybe the community here has more knowledge than I and could help me out. I just feel like something in there is causing a bottleneck.

EDIT: My ram speed is 2400mhz

1.png

2.png

To get an opinion on the RAM speed, you might want to post the RAM speed. Are you using an SSD? What SSD?

I don't know what you mean by "open blowback". A blower aka typical reference cooler?

You of course can't just assume something should be fine based on the design or manufacturers' claims. You need to check your temperatures, make sure nothing is thermal throttling.

Is everything up to date? Your Windows looks to be a bit behind. How about GPU drivers? When's the last time you rebooted your system (actual reboot, shutdown these days only hibernates the system, see up time to confirm)?

How are you comparing yourself to streamers? Are they showing an FPS counter, and are they talking about the settings they run? How sure are you that they're also running 144Hz? Are you trying to stream yourself? Some streamers use a second PC to handle the stream, so their game doesn't take a performance hit.

Are you doing running anything else in the background while you're playing? Watching a 1080p stream (even if it's 60Hz, does any platform even support over 60 yet?) can take a surprising toll.

Ram speed is 2400mhz.

GPU is open back like that with 2 fans, ZOTAC. I also updated GPU drivers from Geforce experience just yesterday.

About the reboot Im kinda confused on how just shutting the PC down just hybernates?? Am I stupid or does that say TWENTY-FOUR DAYS??

Also about streamers, I watch their youtube videos of their streams and check their twitch or mixer accounts for specs and no I am not trying to stream, just overall experience I get from the game, I use optimal settings. (mostly the settings they use, it's posted sometimes.)

Chrome is open in the back most of the time.

3.png

14-500-423-V09.jpg

13 minutes ago, tatte said:

To get an opinion on the RAM speed, you might want to post the RAM speed. Are you using an SSD? What SSD?

I don't know what you mean by "open blowback". A blower aka typical reference cooler?

You of course can't just assume something should be fine based on the design or manufacturers' claims. You need to check your temperatures, make sure nothing is thermal throttling.

Is everything up to date? Your Windows looks to be a bit behind. How about GPU drivers? When's the last time you rebooted your system (actual reboot, shutdown these days only hibernates the system, see up time to confirm)?

How are you comparing yourself to streamers? Are they showing an FPS counter, and are they talking about the settings they run? How sure are you that they're also running 144Hz? Are you trying to stream yourself? Some streamers use a second PC to handle the stream, so their game doesn't take a performance hit.

Are you doing running anything else in the background while you're playing? Watching a 1080p stream (even if it's 60Hz, does any platform even support over 60 yet?) can take a surprising toll.

Forgot to quote, reply posted above. ^^

do a proper restart after a driver update.

not hibernate or sleep but a shutdown give it 30 seconds then use the power button to turn it on.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

10 minutes ago, ImportDaddy said:

About the reboot Im kinda confused on how just shutting the PC down just hybernates?? Am I stupid or does that say TWENTY-FOUR DAYS??

If you have "fast startup" enabled (it is by default) then "shutdown" doesn't actually shut down, only a reboot starts fresh. Most people recommend to disable it. 

10 minutes ago, ImportDaddy said:

Chrome is open in the back most of the time.

You want to close that when you game. It can use the GPU a lot depending on what websites it's got displayed. Note that on your screenshot you have 33% GPU usage, you don't say what you were doing at the time but if you weren't gaming and it's just normal desktop apps that's all the performance your game wouldn't be using. Close all unused applications.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

do a proper restart after a driver update.

not hibernate or sleep but a shutdown give it 30 seconds then use the power button to turn it on.

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If you have "fast startup" enabled (it is by default) then "shutdown" doesn't actually shut down, only a reboot starts fresh. Most people recommend to disable it. 

You want to close that when you game. It can use the GPU a lot depending on what websites it's got displayed.

What is a good way of easily updating every driver on your rig/system? I use MSI Live Update 6.

2 minutes ago, ImportDaddy said:

What is a good way of easily updating every driver on your rig/system? I use MSI Live Update 6.

Cracked driver easy pro. Or your motherboard manufactures website.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

8 minutes ago, ImportDaddy said:

I don't usually.

Graphic drivers are the only ones I really update. I grab a bios update every year or so.

Windows does a lot of the driver updates automatically.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 minutes ago, ImportDaddy said:

You only really need to worry about Windows and GPU drivers. Running any sort of automatic updater in the background is just going to consume resources for very little benefit. Generally most programs will tell you at launch if they want to update (let them), so you'll only need to go around updating stuff manually when you troubleshoot something (Windows and GPU drivers in this case).

My approach to stuff like BIOS and motherboard updates is: if it works, don't touch it. You can use synthetic benchmarks to see if your system is hitting expected numbers (Geekbench is a decent low-hassle option).

20 minutes ago, ImportDaddy said:

I watch their youtube videos of their streams and check their twitch or mixer accounts for specs

I doubt they're playing in 144Hz, they may not even be playing in 1080p (I don't know if 720p is still regarded as twitch's "sweetspot"). Do not underestimate the differences between refresh rates and/or resolution. Having a 144Hz monitor doesn't mean they play in 144Hz.