iPod Classic 120 GB

bosnian_guy

Hey guys,

My friend is selling her iPod and I can get it for 50 $. Is it worh it?

post-3174-0-95255300-1391949399.jpg

post-3174-0-27376000-1391949401.jpg

post-3174-0-39350900-1391949404.jpg

post-3174-0-72836300-1391949407.jpg

post-3174-0-75491700-1391949411.jpg

That looks scratched all over however for that price if you need some kind of mp3/iPod then go for it.

Maybe even convert it to CF cards instead of the HDD too.

That looks scratched all over however for that price if you need some kind of mp3/iPod then go for it.

I will buy a case.

if not ill take it. ;)  :P

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I will buy a case.

I used to use I think it was iskin? They had a nice hard/soft combo case for the classic.

I used to use I think it was iskin? They had a nice hard/soft combo case for the classic.

How is it like to have this iPod? It would be my first Apple product and I need something to store all of my music on the go because I live in a dogy area and when I go to school I want to listen to something but I am afraid to take my phone out because someone might steal it (It happens a lot here) I would't care much about it getting stolen

How is it like to have this iPod? It would be my first Apple product and I need something to store all of my music on the go because I live in a dogy area and when I go to school I want to listen to something but I am afraid to take my phone out because someone might steal it (It happens a lot here) I would't care much about it getting stolen

It has great sound quality and the software is not too shabby either, the only thing I can put my finger on is that the controls is a bit weird.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Quite nice the only thing you have to remember is that it has a HDD so like exercising isnt the kindest to it. but like I said you could do a CF (compact flash) conversion and solve that easily enough if that was a issue. I actually have the 160gb 6th gen now and kinda wish I had a 5 or 5.5 gen so I could do the mods and throw rockbox on.

It has great sound quality and the software is not too shabby either, the only thing I can put my finger on is that the controls is a bit weird.

what do yo umean their standard iPod controls which have been the same since the iPod mini.

Maybe its just me, but I find the rockbox ui to be very ugly.

As to $50 for an iPod classic, I would definitely do it. I have that iPod Classic and absolutely love it. I have it completely filled with 14,192 songs.

Maybe its just me, but I find the rockbox ui to be very ugly.

As to $50 for an iPod classic, I would definitely do it. I have that iPod Classic and absolutely love it. I have it completely filled with 14,192 songs.

gotta get a theme you like man, they have some that are nearly exactly like the default apple one.

Quite nice the only thing you have to remember is that it has a HDD so like exercising isnt the kindest to it. but like I said you could do a CF (compact flash) conversion and solve that easily enough if that was a issue. I actually have the 160gb 6th gen now and kinda wish I had a 5 or 5.5 gen so I could do the mods and throw rockbox on.

what do yo umean their standard iPod controls which have been the same since the iPod mini.

The click whell

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Keep in mind with the iPod "classic" they will need an adapter to do a CF conversion. CF cards are also quite expensive. 

If you don't NEED 120GB of storage (for what? music and QVGA videos?) then it's not really that worth it IMO.

"Rawr XD"

Keep in mind with the iPod "classic" they will need an adapter to do a CF conversion. CF cards are also quite expensive. 

If you don't NEED 120GB of storage (for what? music and QVGA videos?) then it's not really that worth it IMO.

The adapter is cheapish on ebay and CF cards are cheap as long as you dont want the super high end pro photography ones.

I think its still worth it for that money that he could get it for.

I've got a fifth gen one with a bad battery. I loved it when it worked. I would love to have it back in working order but I have no idea how to fix that.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I've got a fifth gen one with a bad battery. I loved it when it worked. I would love to have it back in working order but I have no idea how to fix that.

Look up some guides online?

The adapter is cheapish on ebay and CF cards are cheap as long as you dont want the super high end pro photography ones.

I think its still worth it for that money that he could get it for.

Meh. Where I am, the cheapest 16GB CF card is $40, the cheapest 16GB MicroSD card is $13.

"Rawr XD"

Meh. Where I am, the cheapest 16GB CF card is $40, the cheapest 16GB MicroSD card is $13.

its not fair comparing a CF card to a MicroSD card since those are a commodity now. Also how they work is completely different which is why only CF cards work for this sort of thing for the most part. I never said the mod was for everyone just that its a good one in my opinion. I would like to have a gen 5 with the mod along with rockbox installed. Well that or a new iPod Classic direct from Apple that has a SSD in it instead at a minimum.

its not fair comparing a CF card to a MicroSD card since those are a commodity now. Also how they work is completely different which is why only CF cards work for this sort of thing for the most part. I never said the mod was for everyone just that its a good one in my opinion. I would like to have a gen 5 with the mod along with rockbox installed. Well that or a new iPod Classic direct from Apple that has a SSD in it instead at a minimum.

Rockbox is great, we know. I had a Nano 1G with rockbox on it as well as a Sansa Fuze. However a HDD in a portable device is a bit unnecessary nowadays, in terms of probably-never-used storage, price increase, and less battery life.

"Rawr XD"

Rockbox is great, we know. I had a Nano 1G with rockbox on it as well as a Sansa Fuze. However a HDD in a portable device is a bit unnecessary nowadays, in terms of probably-never-used storage, price increase, and less battery life.

I agree which is why i would mod in CF cards and if they com out with a new one (which they never will) it should have a SSD.

• 11 months later...

I'd go out on ebay or amazon and try to get my hands an a Sansa Fuze (original version...not the "+") but that's alot of effort and just my personal prefference...

Ofc. with the actual hard drive in that thing...well you probably know to keep a backup... nonetheless it's vulnerable, fragile