Should I wAit for the 790

REDARROWS1

Hi

Should I wait for the 790 to come out and get 2 of them or get 1 780ti now and then get 2 790's

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2ImBd

<p>Pc specs: cpu: i7 4960x: gpu: windforce 780ti x3: cpu cooler: h100i: ram: 32gb corsair vengence pro red: motherboard: asus iv rampage black edition: case: 900d: ssd: 1tb 840 evo: hdd 4tb wb black: psu: corsair ax1200i: os: windows 7 ultimate: monitor: asus pb287q 4k

Quad-GPU is a bad investment, get a 780 Ti now or wait for Maxwell and get an 880 (or whatever it brings). You should also make a new post about planning your build, that PCPP list is a little ridiculous.

Spoiler

Don't even think about 2 790's.

Don't even think about 2 790's.

Why

<p>Pc specs: cpu: i7 4960x: gpu: windforce 780ti x3: cpu cooler: h100i: ram: 32gb corsair vengence pro red: motherboard: asus iv rampage black edition: case: 900d: ssd: 1tb 840 evo: hdd 4tb wb black: psu: corsair ax1200i: os: windows 7 ultimate: monitor: asus pb287q 4k

Why

Just because you have 4 GPUs doesn't mean you have 4x the performance. Linus has a good video on this.

Spoiler

Why

I've seen that quad SLI performs pretty horribly. 3 way is as far as I would go. 3 Titans are more than sufficient for 3 4K displays.

Not sure if trolling, or really that crazy. Your PCPP list looks quite striking. If you're really not one of those 14 y/o kids who puts together the best of the best just for fun, and you are really going to build such a PC, then I'd suggest going with one GTX 780 Ti for now or if you can wait GTX 880s.

who cares...

Hi

Should I wait for the 790 to come out and get 2 of them or get 1 780ti now and then get 2 790's

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2ImBd

With that PCPP, I just can't take you seriously yet. Are you actually intending to build that 5.5k pound PC? If so, would you like us to have a look at it and try to improve it? I can build a fully custom watercooled PC with 5.5k pounds that will tear up the system you posted and eat it for breakfast. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

With that PCPP, I just can't take you seriously yet. Are you actually intending to build that 5.5k pound PC? If so, would you like us to have a look at it and try to improve it? I can build a fully custom watercooled PC with 5.5k pounds that will tear up the system you posted and eat it for breakfast. 

I hope he's trolling for his own safety.

I also hope he's trolling. $10000 AUD on that PC which looks like it doesn't even include monitors is some crazy stuff. $400AUD for a keyboard? $1000AUD on RAM? wooow.

If you could tell us what you'd be using the PC for any one us here could give you far better options to consider.

Nope not trolling 18 and buying all parts on March 1

I also hope he's trolling. $10000 AUD on that PC which looks like it doesn't even include monitors is some crazy stuff. $400AUD for a keyboard? $1000AUD on RAM? wooow.

If you could tell us what you'd be using the PC for any one us here could give you far better options to consider.

Already have 3 dell 4k screens

Okay. That is crazy. :D Do you need all that computing power? If you have a triple 4K setup I'd recommend going with 2 or 3 GTX Titans, just for the sake of having 6 Gigs of VRAM, which you will definitley need. You could also wait a bit longer and see how the rumors of the Titan black (aka GTX 780 Ti with 6 gigs of VRAM) turn out. That card would obviously be even better.

BTW you could leave out the hard drives and make a SSD based system only and get a NAS if you really need the mass storage.

who cares...

I would start to fully water cooled all the components if I were you

current GPU's really get the benefit of water cooling, and you have a compatible case already

IMO, get whatever you can grab right now and suits your wallet

waiting for unreleased parts has been a been a bad experience for me and risky since you dont know what to expect and what to get

You're really not spending your money optimally on this system. You should rethink some of the components before spending that kind of money.

I would start to fully water cooled all the components if I were you

current GPU's really get the benefit of water cooling, and you have a compatible case already

IMO, get whatever you can grab right now and suits your wallet

waiting for unreleased parts has been a been a bad experience for me and risky since you dont know what to expect and what to get

It's the first pc I've every built and don't want to do custom water cooling yet maybe in the future