Outrageously priced items

Tea1337

LOL is this a joke? I was browsing computers on craigslist and came across this guy selling an old POS HP and one of the first pics he posted was this :\

00B0B_5DW4RSX2W2R_600x450.jpg

You have got to be kidding me,  I just found this:

3900$ for some old 4 year old xeons, 6gb of ram, a generic 1tb hard drive and a *drumroll* AMD 5570! Oh I forgot. That "superdrive" is worth a ton of money because apple put the word super in front of it (in reality it's just a regular ass dvd drive with nothing special)

wdwa9Rw.png

Everything tech in Australia is ridiculously priced. Reference GTX780 is $700. FFS a song on iTunes is $1.69 or $2.19 

The conversion rate between USD and AUD does make a significant difference. Then there's the import costs. It's slightly more in price but it's not bad when you put that into consideration. AU$700 (at the moment) is equal to ~US$625. $75 difference and it's only because of currency exchange rates.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Everything tech in Australia is ridiculously priced. Reference GTX780 is $700. FFS a song on iTunes is $1.69 or $2.19 

No it's not, you can find ones for $600, where are you shopping? :P

Hmm, 4960X is probably one of the most ridiculous. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Intel 3970X..........oh wait.. D'OH :lol:

Outrageous priced items. Some Super/Hyper/Ultra cars. I am so glad the Nissan GTR R35 is actually in the realm of possibility for most people. It is still expensive but at least possibly if a long term saving goal.

Some Fast food is pretty outrageous.

Collectible cards. Pikachu illustrator promo card for $100,000.

Linus's hair.

Old baseball Cards.

Housing. Can a house and tennis court/pool...etc really be worth $20/30/40/50 million $$. House prices are just insane some times.

I know that in some countries internet prices are so outrageous it would seem criminal to you or I.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I bought my GTX 780 DCUII OC for 805$ usd xD

Previously: Core i7-7700K, Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC, MSI Z270 Gaming M5, 16GB Dominator Platinum, SanDisk Ultra 1TB, Corsair H100i V2, Corsair RM850i, NZXT S340 Elite

Current: Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX3080 Vision OC, MSI B550 Gaming Edge WiFi, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z,WD SN750 1TB, BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 Pro, NZXT C750, Corsair 4000D White

k0N4UKR.png

At least the specs are pretty top of the line for that laptop. That mac pro with the 5570 and 6gb of ram however.. not so sure.

Titan.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

No it's not, you can find ones for $600, where are you shopping? :P

Hmm, 4960X is probably one of the most ridiculous.

PC Case Gear, I need a reference one for a sff build, the $600 open cooler galaxy's would be useless :(

PC Case Gear, I need a reference one for a sff build, the $600 open cooler galaxy's would be useless :(

Ahh, I see the problem. I was looking at the Galaxy and even the Gigabyte Windforce one. Even SSF though, you'll still get better performance by going with an open air cooler for the GPU. Yes, it dumps hot air in your case, but you can redirect the air flow out and have fresh air flow over your CPU. What sort of config were you going after? :)

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Not particularly overpriced, but you gotta wonder, why some GTX 770s cost more than entry level GTX 780s or 780s more than entry level 780 Ti's.

who cares...

Ahh, I see the problem. I was looking at the Galaxy and even the Gigabyte Windforce one. Even SSF though, you'll still get better performance by going with an open air cooler for the GPU. Yes, it dumps hot air in your case, but you can redirect the air flow out and have fresh air flow over your CPU. What sort of config were you going after? :)

Cubitek like the Linus titan build. It's also annoying that the acx edition cards are $10 cheaper :( on pcpartpicker. Might make do with a 770

Cubitek like the Linus titan build. It's also annoying that the acx edition cards are $10 cheaper :( on pcpartpicker. Might make do with a 770

Oh, you should be fine with an open air cooler, e.g. Gigabyte Windforce. 

Use an AIO for the CPU, e.g. a Corsair H60 (thin radiator) and a short PSU and you should be able to fit it down the bottom drawing fresh air in. That should keep both your CPU and GPU cool. It's not a big deal either way, because even if you were to use a standard air cooler, I would put an intake fan in the 90mm fan mount drawing fresh air over the CPU cooler. 

Just go with an open air design rather than a reference, no point spending more money for nothing.