Monoblock not filling up

red773

After much headache I finally got my new pc done however for some reason my monoblocks vrm channel isnt filling up as it should. I noticed that if I raise my resirvoir water level the monoblock fills up slightly more however not enough to cycle water over the vrm. Can anyone tell me if this is due to air trapped, or my loop just doesnt have enough water pressure? In my setup I am running 3 360 radiators and 1 480 radiator with 2 d5 pumps set to speed 3.5/5 (cant do over 4 or the pumps rub against my mounting and brick the moter)

IMG_1472.JPG

Is the block plumbed the right direction?

It could just be a matter of tipping the system around until the water starts flowing through. Once the air gets out the water should be able to flow pretty easily.

I would think 2 d5 pumps would be enough for a lot of things.

8 minutes ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

Is the block plumbed the right direction?

It could just be a matter of tipping the system around until the water starts flowing through. Once the air gets out the water should be able to flow pretty easily.

I would think 2 d5 pumps would be enough for a lot of things.

Thats what I thought, but I checked the manual and its correct, plus before this upgrade I had the exact same monoblock in black and my tubing inlet was the same. I cant really tip over my computer as its all acryllic, it would either break my desk or crack something inside (weighs over 100 pounds). Im thinking of trying to just leave my fill hole open to allow air to exit.

1 hour ago, red773 said:

Thats what I thought, but I checked the manual and its correct, plus before this upgrade I had the exact same monoblock in black and my tubing inlet was the same. I cant really tip over my computer as its all acryllic, it would either break my desk or crack something inside (weighs over 100 pounds). Im thinking of trying to just leave my fill hole open to allow air to exit.

fill hole on the block or res? the res likely will not do anything

Turn the pump speed up and down, try to run the pumps at the maximum speed for a while, usually it is enough to bleed the loop.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

Sounds like a bad mix of parts. If you can’t turn the speed up then move the pc. Only real option. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

The only way to bleed the loop is probably going to be to tip it around. Since you say it is quit hefty I recommend getting some friends to help .

That's a lot of radiators, you sure you need all that? :)

Back to the topic, the reservoir should be the highest point in your loop and it looks like you have a radiator up there. I have a similar layout due to system restrictions. 

You either need to re-orient the case (turn it on the side, upside down, whatever) to get the reservoir to the top, or you need to slow down the pumps while you fill the system. 

Pinching the tubing before the reservoir will do it, unless you're using hard tubing.

The idea is to get the air into the reservoir and then fill it up. If it's a new system that might take several attempts.

4 hours ago, crotach said:

That's a lot of radiators, you sure you need all that? :)

Back to the topic, the reservoir should be the highest point in your loop and it looks like you have a radiator up there. I have a similar layout due to system restrictions. 

You either need to re-orient the case (turn it on the side, upside down, whatever) to get the reservoir to the top, or you need to slow down the pumps while you fill the system. 

Pinching the tubing before the reservoir will do it, unless you're using hard tubing.

The idea is to get the air into the reservoir and then fill it up. If it's a new system that might take several attempts.

I have all hard tubing in the upper side of the case, but would turning off one pump while the other one runs have a similar effect of blocking the waterflow out of the reservoir causing liquid to back up?

8 hours ago, red773 said:

I have all hard tubing in the upper side of the case, but would turning off one pump while the other one runs have a similar effect of blocking the waterflow out of the reservoir causing liquid to back up?

You can try, but honestly your best bet is to set the PC so that the reservoir is on top and run it like that for a couple of days while filling up the water as needed. 

Also you probably have more noise from your system as the air is being pushed around the loops. You'll have an added benefit of having less noise once you've bled it.

• 11 months later...

Did you ever get the air out the monoblock. I have the same monoblock with the exact same issue and I have tried everything. Just going to let it sit an d run.

• 2 weeks later...

lay it flat. run it, stand it up. run it.  bubbles should move around till they make their way to the rez.