MSI B450I + Ryzen 3200g.

Gop

Hi guys,

Bought myself the titled board and cpu, the distributor offered a BIOS update service that I paid for, but the CPU light on the motherboard is on when I boot.

I am getting no picture on my monitor and the CPU led on the mobo stays solid.

I have tried reseating the cpu (including checking the pins for any bends), as well as making sure everything is plugged in properly, swapping RAM etc. 

Can anyone offer any advice to get this thing working?

2 minutes ago, Gop said:

Hi guys,

Bought myself the titled board and cpu, the distributor offered a BIOS update service that I paid for, but the CPU light on the motherboard is on when I boot.

I am getting no picture on my monitor and the CPU led on the mobo stays solid.

I have tried reseating the cpu (including checking the pins for any bends), as well as making sure everything is plugged in properly, swapping RAM etc. 

Can anyone offer any advice to get this thing working?

Well if you're sure you hooked it up correctly and it's not booting, the only option is to contact the distributor and RMA it. I'd probably ask to RMA both the CPU as well as the motherboard since you're not sure whether it's a motherboard problem or a cpu defect.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Take it to a nearby computer shop, try to ask them to test it with another CPU (or do it yourself if you have a compatible CPU)

If it POST fine with the other CPU, then your 3200G might be dead

If it still doesn't POST with a known good CPU, might as well RMA both the board and 3200G.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L