Why should i consider the Samsung Note 9 over the iPhone 11?

zrmaxwell

I can’t think of a good reason.  A few bad ones but no good ones.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I can’t think of a good reason.  A few bad ones but no good ones.

Bummer..

25 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

Title of this post says it all..

why note 9 vs iphone 11 if you dont mind me asking?

i have the note 9 and i quite like it, though i am a weird user in that i use the stylus at least 3 times a day if not a lot more so the note series is my goto when getting a new phone due to that

kinda contemplating if i need the starwars note 10 at the moment lol though it is a fair bit of money

i haven't used an iphone since the 7 plus but i wasnt really a fan of it or the os for some reason, depends on the use case of the phone, if it is basic media consumption, calls, texts etc. then go the cheaper phone as then you save money to use elsewhere in life, if you plan on taking lots of videos or lots of photos i would go the note 9 as you can get up to 1tb of storage (if you buy the 500+gb model and then add a 512gb sd card to it), same as if you listen to music a lot through the use of an aux port as the note 9 still had one of them) also has a tad bigger screen, way more pixels per inch, and im not sure what the glass is on the iphone 11 but the note 9 has Gorilla Glass v5, also has a wicked slowmo mode (720p at 960 frames for 3-6ish seconds)

if you plan on taking lots of selfies than the iphone 11 has a better front camera

in australia i can get a

note 9 for $999 at the moment (512gb model)

and an iphone 11 for $1199 (64gb model)

i am not sure why bombastinator said that he cannot think of a good reason but i have to disagree with him 

as the note series is usually the pinnacle of what samsung can do with a phone at the time (not certain with the note 10 though as they could have easily put a headphone jack in but didnt lol, its one of the reasons i have not upgraded yet)

25 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

Bummer..

I didn’t say they weren’t there, I just said they weren’t good.  The thing the note 9 has is that jaw dropping stylus. I’m a sketch artist.  I luuuuuve that stylus.  Compared to it the iPhone stylus is less than sidewalk chalk.  I find it a truly tempting thing.  For me very bad.  “Apple in the garden” Bad.

The problem isn’t the hardware it’s the android. Everything that has come out of google in the last 10 years is literally built as spyware.  If I could make a non google OS work and I could the. Make a halfway decent PIM work on it I’d be all over the thing.  But afaik I can’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The difference is that you might stop falling for sweeping statements that are not particular to any single phone, and realize it has a stylus on top of larger battery (actually better battery life), a headphone jack, and more storage that isn't limited.

Sure.  And if the OS wasn’t garbage it would have points.  It is though.

i went from a note 3 to an iPhone 7 for a single reason.  The iPhone didn’t run android.

Bigger better screen, Headphone jack. Expandable storage. More options. Just overall faster. Though; with iphone you get to flex hardcore. So go for iphone.

4 hours ago, WickedStarfish said:

why note 9 vs iphone 11 if you dont mind me asking?

i have the note 9 and i quite like it, though i am a weird user in that i use the stylus at least 3 times a day if not a lot more so the note series is my goto when getting a new phone due to that

kinda contemplating if i need the starwars note 10 at the moment lol though it is a fair bit of money

i haven't used an iphone since the 7 plus but i wasnt really a fan of it or the os for some reason, depends on the use case of the phone, if it is basic media consumption, calls, texts etc. then go the cheaper phone as then you save money to use elsewhere in life, if you plan on taking lots of videos or lots of photos i would go the note 9 as you can get up to 1tb of storage (if you buy the 500+gb model and then add a 512gb sd card to it), same as if you listen to music a lot through the use of an aux port as the note 9 still had one of them) also has a tad bigger screen, way more pixels per inch, and im not sure what the glass is on the iphone 11 but the note 9 has Gorilla Glass v5, also has a wicked slowmo mode (720p at 960 frames for 3-6ish seconds)

if you plan on taking lots of selfies than the iphone 11 has a better front camera

in australia i can get a

note 9 for $999 at the moment (512gb model)

and an iphone 11 for $1199 (64gb model)

i am not sure why bombastinator said that he cannot think of a good reason but i have to disagree with him 

as the note series is usually the pinnacle of what samsung can do with a phone at the time (not certain with the note 10 though as they could have easily put a headphone jack in but didnt lol, its one of the reasons i have not upgraded yet)

I thought of reasons.  It’s just that good and bad are subjective. I think there’s so much bad in google android that even a phone that has features I really like still isn’t worth it.  I waaaaant that stylus. It would eat fricken days for me.

14 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

Title of this post says it all..

If you really insist on the combination of a stylus, a headphone jack and Android.  The battery isn't a factor -- the iPhone 11 lasts a long time, too, it's just more efficient.

With that said, I couldn't bring myself to get a Note 9 even if I was a hardcore Android fan (I'm fine with it, I just prefer iOS).  One simple reason: support.  The Note 9 is over a year old, which means it's already halfway through Samsung's historically terrible support cycle.  There's a real chance you won't get any major OS updates past Android 10 early next year.  Remember, Samsung isn't bringing Android 10 to the Note 8, and that phone is just over two years old.  Contrast that with Apple, where you can assume you'll get four to five years of major updates.

13 minutes ago, Commodus said:

If you really insist on the combination of a stylus, a headphone jack and Android.  The battery isn't a factor -- the iPhone 11 lasts a long time, too, it's just more efficient.

With that said, I couldn't bring myself to get a Note 9 even if I was a hardcore Android fan (I'm fine with it, I just prefer iOS).  One simple reason: support.  The Note 9 is over a year old, which means it's already halfway through Samsung's historically terrible support cycle.  There's a real chance you won't get any major OS updates past Android 10 early next year.  Remember, Samsung isn't brining Android 10 to the Note 8, and that phone is just over two years old.  Contrast that with Apple, where you can assume you'll get four to five years of major updates.

Thanks for your opinion..

14 minutes ago, Commodus said:

With that said, I couldn't bring myself to get a Note 9 even if I was a hardcore Android fan (I'm fine with it, I just prefer iOS).  One simple reason: support.  The Note 9 is over a year old, which means it's already halfway through Samsung's historically terrible support cycle.  There's a real chance you won't get any major OS updates past Android 10 early next year.  Remember, Samsung isn't brining Android 10 to the Note 8, and that phone is just over two years old.  Contrast that with Apple, where you can assume you'll get four to five years of major updates.

You are correct. I shall get the iPhone 11 (or a newer model) when the time comes..