How do i clear my CMOS? [Asrock Extreme 4]

So.. i have some problems with my mobo / GPU (post here).. 

I've read online that i have to clear my CMOS and reseat the GPU, i've taken out the GPU and reseated it and took out the CMOS Battery for 10 minutes and plugged it back in but nothing changed.. I've looked up the manual (Found Here) and saw i have a Clear CMOS jumper thingy (Labeled on the mobo as CLRCMOS1) and but how do i clear the CMOS? 

Thanks

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Well, I don't know about you, but I did this:

I had forgotten my BIOS password so the only way was either removing and replacing CMOS battery or re positioning the password jumper. I tried to remove the battery but me small hands couldn't remove it. So, I did the next big thing, re-positioning the jumper. From 1-2, i changed to 2-3. Then hooked up everything and then started the PC. Nothing happened. It didn't even start. So, unhooked everything and got the jumper back to 1-2 from 2-3. Hooked everything. And the PC started like a Red Bull. And........I also had access to my BIOS :)

Password Jumper: It's a small thin on the motherboard near the CMOS battery.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

you just move the jumper to 2-3 and wait some seconds

with the pc turned off and then move the jumper back ofc

Edited by s3ns3

Well, I don't know about you, but I did this:

I had forgotten my BIOS password so the only way was either removing and replacing CMOS battery or re positioning the password jumper. I tried to remove the battery but me small hands couldn't remove it. So, I did the next big thing, re-positioning the jumper. From 1-2, i changed to 2-3. Then hooked up everything and then started the PC. Nothing happened. It didn't even start. So, unhooked everything and got the jumper back to 1-2 from 2-3. Hooked everything. And the PC started like a Red Bull. And........I also had access to my BIOS :)

Password Jumper: It's a small thin on the motherboard near the CMOS battery.

you just move the jumper to 2-3 and wait some seconds

with the pc turned off and then move the jumper back ofc

When i do that (move it from 1-2 to 2-3) the debug LED shows 05 and nothing happens.. i need to hold the power button down to shut it down

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

When i do that (move it from 1-2 to 2-3) the debug LED shows 05 and nothing happens.. i need to hold the power button down to shut it down

the PC must be off.then you should follow my steps. and then it'll work :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

the PC must be off.then you should follow my steps. and then it'll work :)

Yes i know, i turn my pc off unplug the power cable reseat the jumper and boot it up again, then i get "05" debug error code

Shut down your pc only let the psu be switch on nothing else and then locate the jumper and then again return to the original position, it will reset your BIOS...

Yes i know, i turn my pc off unplug the power cable reseat the jumper and boot it up again, then i get "05" debug error code

Don't unplug dude...let the psu remain connected...

Shut down your pc only let the psu be switch on nothing else and then locate the jumper and then again return to the original position, it will reset your BIOS...

Don't unplug dude...let the psu remain connected...

Tried it again with the PSU on and connected still get "05" error code

Mate have u recently changed ur cpu..??

Mate have u recently changed ur cpu..??

Nope i have this CPU for a year now and this mobo for a couple of months. 

Did you position it from 1-2 to 2-3 and back to 1-2 from 2-3?

COMING SOON

Did you position it from 1-2 to 2-3 and back to 1-2 from 2-3?

Jup

Jup

You tried the CMOS battery too didn't you? 

COMING SOON

Nope i have this CPU for a year now and this mobo for a couple of months. 

Then try changing your cmos battery...may be it got depleted...

You tried the CMOS battery too didn't you? 

Then try changing your cmos battery...may be it got depleted...

Already tried that

Already tried that

Then flash a fresh copy of your bios...ur bios is corrupted...

Then flash a fresh copy of your bios...ur bios is corrupted...

Dammit.. how do i flash it i've never done that

• 4 years later...

I know it is quite old topic but I had the same problem with PC booting but displaying nothing.

I tighted screws too much on the processor cooling radiator and probbably pins were not aligned correctly between mother board and cpu.

Loosing them up a bit helped and now everything is back to normal.

Hope that helps someone one day.