Playing CSGO on 3570 non K, recommendations on upgrade parts, and problem on BF5

mafioso

Hi guys I've some problems that I would love to hear from you, and I don't know which subtopic this should best fall into so I'll start from here but if something is not appropriate please tell me where I should go.

I'm currently running an i5 3570 on a Z77 board, with 16GB @1600MHz (dual channel), and a GTX 1070.

As I can see currently the system run CSGO at an avg of 130FPS, and 59FPS 1% low, and 10FPS 0.1% low. I really don't know what's going wrong here. I don't even want to cap my FPS because I know it affects input lag. But if avg is that high, why is .1% low so low like that. I can observe that when a round ends, or when I die the .1% low will suddenly plummet. I'd be very happy if someone can confirm that this is the only reason for the low .1% low FPS. Because I'm running CSGO of only 4 cores (no HT even), and that CSGO loves cores.

I'm just a casual shooter, is this acceptable for me? Will the 0.1% low and 1% low affect much with my experience in game? I have to report that so far I feel very comfortable with my BENQ GW2470 (which I OC-ed to 73Hz, because it is possible). I also know that I'll never hit Gold Nova at all (because I'm bad), but I'm also curious about all your responses. Thanks a lot.

Also in this post I would love to hear some advice on a possible upgrade in a couple months maybe. I've long been an Intel fan for the great gaming performance overall for all kinds (you name it esport, AAA games). And also I've sticked with Intel because I could install Hackintosh on it. And for that reason I also own an RX580 in case I boot into hackintosh, and I use 1070 for everything else. But because I've seen a great shift towards Ryzen in gaming, and also AMD-OSX has proven AMD CPUs to be able to run Hackintosh, I think I should change my mind.

Because I'm just a casual gamer I don't need very high FPS but instead I really love the consistency of FPS overall, especially .1% and 1% low which helps a ton in preventing stutters (at least that's what I can imply). So right now I'm planning on a new build in a very near future, maybe this new year. I'm swinging between 1700, 2600 or 3600. Also I know that next gen Intel is coming so I'm not even sure if I should wait for that. The more corecount CPUs will help a ton when running Premiere Pro and maybe I won't need to come back to Hackintosh again (where I run FCPX and it does awesome hardware playback and video encode off my RX580, my CPU barely has to work only in ProRes encoding because the GPU is maxed out). I know we don't promote running Hackintosh but this is just problem of my own and if you don't like it please just ignore this part.

One side problem that I see is when I play BF5, whenever the single-player campaign ends, the game crashes itself, and when I exit the game from inside the game, my whole system crashes. (I avoid this by quitting the game from Task Manager). Thank you for helping out of this problem.

Oh and my post has been super long already and thank you for someone who might come by and share a thought. I will consistently update the post if something is missing.

Have a good day guys!

Mobo: ASRock B150M Pro4s | CPU: Intel core i7 7700 with stock cooler | Storages: 2x80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm + Zotac 120GB | Memory: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury | PSU: 400W HYN 80+ | GPU: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB | Tower: an old one from the other decade | Monitor: ASUS Widescreen 900p + ViewSonic FHD| Speaker: microlab

38 minutes ago, mafioso said:

Will the 0.1% low and 1% low affect much with my experience in game

No, because as you said it only happens when you die. If it happened while you were shooting at an opponent or had to dodge something, then it would be a big deal.

39 minutes ago, mafioso said:

Because I'm running CSGO of only 4 cores (no HT even), and that CSGO loves cores.

CSGO can't leverage many cores at all. A fast quad core would run CSGO better than a moderate speed 8 core any day.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

35 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

No, because as you said it only happens when you die. If it happened while you were shooting at an opponent or had to dodge something, then it would be a big deal.

CSGO can't leverage many cores at all. A fast quad core would run CSGO better than a moderate speed 8 core any day.

yeah CSGO its not big deal for cpu anyway. better Quad but highclock speed than Octa but lower speed.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Thank you guys for the insight. I've already set my mind and ordered a 2700x combo hoping this will serve me well for all my needs. Hoping with the new card I could even occasionally stream my games as well.

Mobo: ASRock B150M Pro4s | CPU: Intel core i7 7700 with stock cooler | Storages: 2x80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm + Zotac 120GB | Memory: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury | PSU: 400W HYN 80+ | GPU: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB | Tower: an old one from the other decade | Monitor: ASUS Widescreen 900p + ViewSonic FHD| Speaker: microlab