Should I upgrade my cpu or gpu

J4ke

So guys, I currently have an i7 3770 and gtx 1050ti. Should I upgrade my gpu to gtx 1060 6gb or 1070 first? Or should I upgrade my cpu to ryzen 5 3600 first? 

41 minutes ago, J4ke said:

So guys, I currently have an i7 3770 and gtx 1050ti. Should I upgrade my gpu to gtx 1060 6gb or 1070 first? Or should I upgrade my cpu to ryzen 5 3600 first? 

i7 3770 is still a pretty decent cpu.

You should upgrade your GPU first

It depends. 

First you should share more information about your whole system and what you want to play, at which settings, which framerate, resolution etc...

If you want to play games with a higher framerate and better settings then definitely go for the gpu. Otherwise your cpu is still ok to game on.

If you aren't on a tight budget then I would recommend either one of the rtx-cards from nvidia or the 5700-series from amd. If you want a good card about 380-400$+ amd would be a good choice. But if you want to have raytracing and future coming stuff then maybe a rtx 2060 super or 2070 super (500$+) could be your choice.

Everything lower than rtx I would recommend 1660 ti since it is a really good price for performance or a good amd rx 580 8GB for about 200$+.

But wait for more comments. My experience is still low.

47 minutes ago, J4ke said:

Upgrade the GPU first, but how much are you spending on the 1070? the 1660 Super performs about the same and it's 230$

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

4 minutes ago, SchnoppDog said:

It depends. 

First you should share more information about your whole system and what you want to play, at which settings, which framerate, resolution etc...

If you want to play games with a higher framerate and better settings then definitely go for the gpu. Otherwise your cpu is still ok to game on.

If you aren't on a tight budget then I would recommend either one of the rtx-cards from nvidia or the 5700-series from amd. If you want a good card about 380-400$+ amd would be a good choice. But if you want to have raytracing and future coming stuff then maybe a rtx 2060 super or 2070 super (500$+) could be your choice.

Everything lower than rtx I would recommend 1660 ti since it is a really good price for performance or a good amd rx 580 8GB for about 200$+.

But wait for more comments. My experience is still low.

I'd say the GPU. The i7 is still a perfectly fine CPU, but yeah the 1660 super is a great GPU.

Just now, 2011PCGuy said:

I'd say the GPU as well. The i7 is still a perfectly fine CPU, but yeah the 1660 super is a great GPU.

Just now, 2011PCGuy said:

I'd say the GPU. The i7 is still a perfectly fine CPU, but yeah the 1660 super is a great GPU.

3 minutes ago, SchnoppDog said:

1660 Ti is replaced by the 1660S, and the RX 580 only has good value if it's 160$ or below since that's what the 1650S costs and it performs the same

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

GPU first, CPU should do well in most games that aren't DX12, but will suffer from time to time in said titles which only allow DX12 albeit not as bad as its sister cpu the 3570 without hyperthreading, you atleast got 8 threads with the 3770.  Because the thread count won't hurt you as bad, hitch/stutter like with a 4c/4t processor you can still get a large improvement with a 220-350ish($USD) GPU and if you want put off the upgrade to a 3600 till later.  I'd agree with others any 1660, a used 1070 and or Vega card should be a good fit without breaking the bank.

The R5 3600 is fairly imbalanced with anything less then about a 230-350$ (new prices) graphics card, so get the GPU first, and take your time selecting mobo and ram to best utilize the 3600 while still enjoying games on 3770 for awhile. 

1 hour ago, _Syn_ said:

Upgrade the GPU first, but how much are you spending on the 1070? the 1660 Super performs about the same and it's 230$

They have been going for 200$ or less, used condition ofc, for awhile now.  If hes more risk adverse, or can pick up a 1660 at a store which offers 30 day returns, and or a in-store warranty then the 30-40$ extra on a 1660 Super still makes sense.

Thank you so much guys sorry for the late reply lol. Posted this last night at around 11 pm in our country. So I'll just go with a 1660s or ti then after I do my research and go for r5 3600 later on because its still a new cpu and the price might lower next year. Again, thank you so much guys. Love you (no homo)