[SOLVED] i5 7600K on ga-H270n-wifi suddenly won't POST

madprofessor207

Computer built over a year ago, been working fine every day since. Then two days ago it won't POST. Press power button, fans revs up then down like normal start up, pause, then PSU clicks, the fans rev up then down, click, rev up then down, click, rev up then down.... No beeps or error lights, never POSTS, will not respond to holding the power button to turn off, I have to cut power to PSU. I have reseated everything, EVERYTHING. I have tried a dedicated GPU instead of the integrated. I have moved the RAM, tried different RAM. I have checked the voltages on the PSU. I have cleared CMOS, and left the battery unplugged. I have unplugged everything (sata, usb, and front panel connectors too) but the 24-pin and the CPU 4-pin. Is it safe to say the board and or CPU is toast? Motherboard has a backup BIOS, but nothing changes even with the system left on cycling for hours. The system had a very mild overclock, I was planing to increase in the future, and temps were very cool.

Signed up to say I have literally the same problem. Computer was fine for over a year then suddenly it suffers from this same problem. Did a RMA with Gigabyte and the new motherboard does the same thing.

• 5 weeks later...

SOLVED: PSU was bad, once it was tested with psu tester it showed the PG or power good was 0ms. Replaced the PSU and everything is fine again.