CPU usage at 100% with 2 programs open

i recently installed my i9900k with an aorus z390 mobo. I messed with the bios a little bit and ended up just reverting to recommend defaults. However when i open a game such as rainbow six siege my cpu usage goes straight to 100% with siege at 80%. Is this a problem? and if it is and you have anything i could try to fix it it would be much appreciated! I'll be happy to respond to questions ASAP.

I can definitely tell you that something is off! I have a 9900ks and R6 takes up no where near that cpu power.

it's not normal.
Reset your bios settings. Select XMP profile F5 and save exit.
So test your CPU usage.

22 hours ago, MadLover said:

it's not normal.
Reset your bios settings. Select XMP profile F5 and save exit.
So test your CPU usage.

i tried this and am still at 100% usage when i play siege. The image is what happens whenever i play siege.

Screenshot_1.png

take out cmos battery, jump pins and clear cmos, if that doesn't work then reinstall bios

that said honestly sounds like malware, or possibly multiple anti-virus's going ape-shit.  did you install anything new (like even Speccy or CCLeaner, avast auto installs without asking with either of those and can throttle like no other), or potentially go anywhere you usually wouldn't on the web since around the time this happened?  I partially ask because 280 processes is alot, i just loaded up RS6, ran benchmark, and only had 160 open, thats including all the chrome tabs i have open

Worse case you might just need to reinstall windows 10, if this keep going on i'd recommend backing up everything you want saved now, even if you don't have to go this far, nice to have files (memes, sexy cool images for sleep remedy, technical and personal documents etc) on hand incase OS gets infected. 

27 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

take out cmos battery, jump pins and clear cmos, if that doesn't work then reinstall bios

that said honestly sounds like malware, or possibly multiple anti-virus's going ape-shit.  did you install anything new (like even Speccy or CCLeaner, avast auto installs without asking with either of those and can throttle like no other), or potentially go anywhere you usually wouldn't on the web since around the time this happened?  I partially ask because 280 processes is alot, i just loaded up RS6, ran benchmark, and only had 160 open, thats including all the chrome tabs i have open

Worse case you might just need to reinstall windows 10, if this keep going on i'd recommend backing up everything you want saved now, even if you don't have to go this far, nice to have files (memes, sexy cool images for sleep remedy, technical and personal documents etc) on hand incase OS gets infected. 

I tried the thing with the battery and it seemed fine but I was still at 270 processes on the desktop so I’m gonna reinstall windows and I’ll let you know what happens

holdup

If its not spiking CPU usage you may not have to, i should mention i have apps turned off under privacy settings, and i wouldn't worry about having a couple extra as i run windows as light as i can.  If its running okay maybe just try standard things like this 

this is timestamped at part where said youtuber goes through privacy setting folder because that is where most of the extra processes lurk (mainly in backround apps part)

I’ve reinstalled windows and am having the same issue,will flashing my bios do me any good?

2 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

holdup

If its not spiking CPU usage you may not have to, i should mention i have apps turned off under privacy settings, and i wouldn't worry about having a couple extra as i run windows as light as i can.  If its running okay maybe just try standard things like this 

this is timestamped at part where said youtuber goes through privacy setting folder because that is where most of the extra processes lurk (mainly in backround apps part)

Sorry I should have been more specific, it is still on 100% and my cpu fans go mental after like 3 mins. However I noticed it’s only in siege, I play a lot more demanding games like for a horizon 4 and destiny 2 and they sit at a comfortable 20-30 so idk what’s going on tbh.