Which RTX 2080 SUPER to buy?

ImServs

I am upgrading to a RTX 2080 SUPER and i'm currently looking at the ASUS STRIX Advanced OC. Is there like a gold standard for 2080 SUPER's? Is there a better card than what i'm considering?

2 minutes ago, servs said:

Is there like a gold standard

it comes down to the silicone lottery, just like cpus

do you plan on oc ?

Nvidia keeps the best chips themselves for there reference cards and then dishes out the rest to AIB partners. So realistically, if you want the best, you guy the founders/reference card.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

it comes down to the silicone lottery, just like cpus

do you plan on oc ?

Yes I am going to OC, but im not custom cooling the card.

I would go with one of the three fan designs. I’m really happy with my gigabyte windforce OC. It’s decently quiet and I have I was able to get it really stable at .975v running at 1980mhz

7 minutes ago, servs said:

Yes I am going to OC, but im not custom cooling the card.

The strix is seriously high end so you wouldn't be disappointed

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, servs said:

and i'm currently looking at the ASUS STRIX Advanced OC.

you may also like the msi gamingx , pretty solid as well

i am actually impress how small zotac cards can be lol

Since they all perform within 5 percent of each other just get the cheapest one that looks nice to you 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

57 minutes ago, servs said:

I am upgrading to a RTX 2080 SUPER and i'm currently looking at the ASUS STRIX Advanced OC. Is there like a gold standard for 2080 SUPER's? Is there a better card than what i'm considering?

I really like the design of the Aorus 2080S :) but as said above, you won't be wrong by using the Strix.

1 hour ago, servs said:

Kind of. There's the halo cards, like the Kingpin, which are a bunch of nonsense (for 99.9% of users) so don't buy those. But below that there's the top quality coolers, like EVGA FTW3 Ultra, Asus ROG Strix, Gigabyte Aorus, MSI Gaming X Trio, Zotac AMP Extreme, etc. These are the cards with the bulkiest coolers, the biggest heatsinks, the most fans, etc. They've got better thermal performance so they tend to edge out cheaper cards by just a bit in GPU performance, and are often noticeably quieter (Gaming x Trio and ROG Strix come to mind as particularly quiet cards with the right settings).

Then there's the Founders Edition cards. They probably have the best binned GPUs, which is a performance edge. But they also aren't the best cooler design compared to high end partner cards.

My advice would be to read GPU reviews (2080 and 2080 Super designs are exactly the same, although 2080S runs a bit hotter presumably), check what's available to buy, and just generally look for the best cooler you can find for a price that makes sense paying. Is a top end card worth $100 more than a Founders, for example? It might be for some people, but that's worth thinking about.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

11 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Since they all perform within 5 percent of each other just get the cheapest one that looks nice to you 

i agree with the cheapest price, but the look of the card is meaningless

3 hours ago, amdorintel said:

i agree with the cheapest price, but the look of the card is meaningless

Depends if u have a glass panel and look at ur pc lol

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper