Trying to build my pc

Building a pc for my first time and since I watch a lot of linus vids I decided to see if my parts list lines up. Particularly the power supply as I was just watching that video. The parts list is as follows. I've decided to include all my peripherals as well.

EVGA Supernova 750 PQ, 80+ Platinum 750W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-PQ-0750-X1

Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ-V7S1T0B/AM)

Intel Core i7-9700K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.9 GHz Turbo unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

NOCTUA NH-D15 chromax.Black, 140mm Dual-Tower CPU Cooler (Black)

LG 43UD79-B 42.5 inch 4K Ultra HD 16:9 (3840x2160) LED IPS Monitor - HDCP 2.2 Compatible, 4 x HDMI Inputs, USB Typc C, DisplayPort, Built-in Speakers, Screen Split (Renewed)

Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti - FE Founder's Edition

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-19200 3200MHz Intel Z170 Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15D-32GVR

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z370 ATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit LAN and USB 3.1 for 8th Generation Intel Core Processors

H440 case

ELECOM M-XPT1MRXBK Trackball Mouse, Wired, Wireless, and Bluetooth, Gaming, High-Performance Ruby Ball, 8 Mappable Buttons, Smooth Scrolling, Extra Large, EX-G PRO, Black

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard USB (920-008012)

Logitech BRIO – Ultra HD Webcam for Video Conferencing, Recording, and Streaming

SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headset 

Stinkyboard

12 minutes ago, Thoriumlotus said:

Building a pc for my first time and since I watch a lot of linus vids I decided to see if my parts list lines up. Particularly the power supply as I was just watching that video. The parts list is as follows. I've decided to include all my peripherals as well.

Looks good that PSU should work just fine. Only one question, why do you need a 42in monitor? lol

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

I’m personally not fond of the projected lifespan of the 9700k. It’s 8/8.  Works great right now, but thread count may increase when the new consoles come out and it might suddenly get slow.  It’s an unknown.

As for PSUs there’s a tier list on the top of the PSU subforum.  There are lots of tier lists in the various sub forums you may want to look at.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If this is for gaming, i think you can tone down on the CPU and go for a better GPU. going the AMD route, you can save up to $150 which can go for the GPU budget.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

37 minutes ago, Thoriumlotus said:

What budget/country, what do you need the PC for, what monitor resolution/refresh rate

what hardware do you already own?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

heck no, i just looked up 1080Ti FE prices and gosh, just go for a 2080 super for christ sake lol

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

So far i don't have many of the parts on the list. Just the case, some peripherals and the motherboard. I like the 42" monitor because thats what im used to playing on, so most monitors feel too small. 42" is my preferred sweet spot. The budget is roughly $2500 for the whole deal. The build honestly is just for a few different games. Mainly wow classic and bethesda games. Like i said i havent built a pc before and just found this list online.

Also the refresh rate on that monitor is 60 hz and 5ms response time and im US based.

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m personally not fond of the projected lifespan of the 9700k. It’s 8/8.  Works great right now, but thread count may increase when the new consoles come out and it might suddenly get slow.  It’s an unknown.

As for PSUs there’s a tier list on the top of the PSU subforum.  There are lots of tier lists in the various sub forums you may want to look at.

What cpu would you suggest for a gaming pc? 

7 hours ago, Martin2132 said:

heck no, i just looked up 1080Ti FE prices and gosh, just go for a 2080 super for christ sake lol

With a little luck and patience i can get the 1080ti FE for $700

7 hours ago, Martin2132 said:

If this is for gaming, i think you can tone down on the CPU and go for a better GPU. going the AMD route, you can save up to $150 which can go for the GPU budget.

I'm open to suggestions. Just remember im a newb when it comes to building. This is literally a parts list i found and then edited a tiny bit and added the peripherals i wanted.

3 hours ago, Thoriumlotus said:

What cpu would you suggest for a gaming pc? 

If you’ve already got the motherboard it would need to be one that fit into it in the first place, or you’d have to get a different motherboard.  Which motherboard btw?

.aah.. 1151 intel... checking...

there appear to be 2 revisions.  One supports two types of CPUs (Kabul lake and sky lake) whereas the second supports coffee lake only

not sure if your board is revision 1 or revision 2

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

If you’ve already got the motherboard it would need to be one that fit into it in the first place, or you’d have to get a different motherboard.  Which motherboard btw?

.aah.. 1151 intel... checking...

there appear to be 2 revisions.  One supports two types of CPUs (Kabul lake and sky lake) whereas the second supports coffee lake only

not sure if your board is revision 1 or revision 2

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z370 ATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit LAN and USB 3.1 for 8th Generation Intel Core Processors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075RJ944T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.wi3DbPK746YN

Im not sure what revision it is?

I think i may drop the cpu to an intel i5 8700k? According to pc partpicker site everything is compatible. I think i can lower the psu to a 650 as from what i've found online you want it to be close to your system with a little overhead?

6 minutes ago, Thoriumlotus said:

I think i may drop the cpu to an intel i5 8700k? According to pc partpicker site everything is compatible. I think i can lower the psu to a 650 as from what i've found online you want it to be close to your system with a little overhead?

Why would you pay so much for an outdated CPU ? Unless it's at 150$

Also i7 8700k or i5 8600k ?

9 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Why would you pay so much for an outdated CPU ? Unless it's at 150$

Also i7 8700k or i5 8600k ?

Whats a better cost effective one? I meant i5 8600k

3 minutes ago, Thoriumlotus said:

The 3600 is better value and more recent for example.

15 minutes ago, Thoriumlotus said:

Well since I just noticed your build (peripherals not included) :

10 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Well since I just noticed your build (peripherals not included) :

I dont think the list is compatible with the motherboard i already have? 

3 minutes ago, Thoriumlotus said:

I dont think the list is compatible with the motherboard i already have? 

You already own everything you posted in the 1st  message ?

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

You already own everything you posted in the 1st  message ?

No. I just updated the list to show parts i currently have (underlined) 

5 minutes ago, Thoriumlotus said:

No. I just updated the list to show parts i currently have (underlined) 

Then what about this

You will just need to update the bios to use the 9700k.

6 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Then what about this

Is the oloy ram better than the g.skill ripjaws? @bombastinator had mentioned the 9700k was iffy? I appreciate the help and im not trying to shoot down any ideas, like i said im new and just trying to learn how to do this and how to choose one part over another. 

1 minute ago, Thoriumlotus said:

Is the oloy ram better than the g.skill ripjaws? @bombastinator had mentioned the 9700k was iffy? I appreciate the help and im not trying to shoot down any ideas, like i said im new and just trying to learn how to do this and how to choose one part over another. 

I've selected 3200MHz rams compared to your 2400MHz so it's better.

I don't know what iffy means but if you don't plan to upgrade in the near future, the 9700k is still a good choice for gaming.

15 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Then what about this

Is updating the bios hard?

1 minute ago, Thoriumlotus said:

Is updating the bios hard?

Luckily you have a flash bios button on that motherboard so you'll just need to use a flash drive.