First PC, second round of questions, judge at your own discretion.

Scrub2.0

Updated build is posted in a new comment below.

1. Budget & Location

My budget is a minimum of 2 grand up to about 3 not a nickle more, I live in West Coast Canada.

2. Aim

I'm going to be using my system for 20+ chrome tabs while simultaneously with any 1 number of tasks such as, streaming on occasion, playing Black Desert Online specifically, I would like to run it at 90+ fps at 1440p high/very high detail, running 2 or more mobile phone emulatorsGraphical Design on occasion, editing videos on very rare occasion.

3. Monitors

I currently have 1 monitor, I'm in the process of acquiring 2 more and am thinking of getting a 3rd.

4. Peripherals

Optionally if there is extra budget, I'm looking to acquire a mixer, webcam, mic, audio dac, and stream deck. Not necessary just nice to haves. These wont be allocated to the budget as they can be acquired after the fact.  

5. Why are you upgrading?

I'm upgrading because I want to try building my own PC, I also don't particularly enjoy buying prebuilt pcs with bottle necked hardware, that said I know prebuilt pcs are getting more pinpoint focused, so the main reason is again the experience of building my own pc.

6. Additional notes
I'm looking to get the 3950x when it releases on the 25th, which will be obvious overkill, so any suggestions for an alternative CPU are welcome, assuming I wont be waiting months to obtain it.
Despite all the video reviews I may watch the GPU and MOBO are probably the next ones that I've no clue how to select.
This is what I currently have as a build:

The only ones I wont compromise on are the PSU, because seeing the voltage is a QoL I personally desire.

Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism.
Please be merciful.  

2 minutes ago, Scrub2.0 said:

1. Budget & Location

My budget is a minimum of 2 grand up to about 3 not a nickle more, I live in West Coast Canada.

2. Aim

I'm going to be using my system for 20+ chrome tabs while simultaneously with any 1 number of tasks such as, streaming on occasion, playing Black Desert Online specifically, I would like to run it at 90+ fps at 1440p high/very high detail, running 2 or more mobile phone emulatorsGraphical Design on occasion, editing videos on very rare occasion.

3. Monitors

I currently have 1 monitor, I'm in the process of acquiring 2 more and am thinking of getting a 3rd.

4. Peripherals

Optionally if there is extra budget, I'm looking to acquire a mixer, webcam, mic, audio dac, and stream deck. Not necessary just nice to haves. These wont be allocated to the budget as they can be acquired after the fact.  

5. Why are you upgrading?

I'm upgrading because I want to try building my own PC, I also don't particularly enjoy buying prebuilt pcs with bottle necked hardware, that said I know prebuilt pcs are getting more pinpoint focused, so the main reason is again the experience of building my own pc.

6. Additional notes
I'm looking to get the 3950x when it releases on the 25th, which will be obvious overkill, so any suggestions for an alternative CPU are welcome, assuming I wont be waiting months to obtain it.
Despite all the video reviews I may watch the GPU and MOBO are probably the next ones that I've no clue how to select.
This is what I currently have as a build:

The only ones I wont compromise on are the PSU, because seeing the voltage is a QoL I personally desire.

Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism.
Please be merciful.  

in my opinion in the 2000-3000$ range i wouldnt be getting anything less powerful than a 2070 / super. i am not entirely sure on black desert online as i have not played it much on a 2070 super, but i can try getting it on my pc (i9, 2080 super) and see how it runs, i also know that chrome is a bit of a hog but you could save a little going back to 32 gb (i had 3 chrome windows open yesterday, all with 8+ tabs each and i still found chrome only used like 4-6GB of ram). 

im sorry for only answering like 2 of the questions but i am like 11 minutes late for getting ready to go to work lol and kinda need to get ready, i will download black desert while im at work and look into the other questions a bit more when i get home (unless someone else answers them first) :) 

Everything looks good! I'd personally just change out that 2TB SSD with something with DRAM (Crucial MX500, Samsung 860 EVO)

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

• I think you'd be more than fine with a 3700x.
  • I don't think you need 64GB of RAM, I have a feeling 32GB would be more than enough.
  • I think you can get a better cooler for the price, like the R1 Ultimate, U14S, or even the D14/5.
  • I think your storage options could have some better selections, but until Black Friday comes it's hard to say what's the best deal.
  • You don't need an 850w PSU, and that's certainly way too much for a PSU.

I highly suggest just waiting for Black Friday, and see what goes on sale. You'll save a ton of money, or you can spend the same amount and get a significantly better part.

1 hour ago, WickedStarfish said:

in my opinion in the 2000-3000$ range i wouldnt be getting anything less powerful than a 2070 / super. i am not entirely sure on black desert online as i have not played it much on a 2070 super, but i can try getting it on my pc (i9, 2080 super) and see how it runs, i also know that chrome is a bit of a hog but you could save a little going back to 32 gb (i had 3 chrome windows open yesterday, all with 8+ tabs each and i still found chrome only used like 4-6GB of ram). 

im sorry for only answering like 2 of the questions but i am like 11 minutes late for getting ready to go to work lol and kinda need to get ready, i will download black desert while im at work and look into the other questions a bit more when i get home (unless someone else answers them first) :) 

Eh it is CAD, so $2,000 doesn't really go as far as you'd think. A 2070 Super, for example, is about $750 - $800.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Eh it is CAD, so $2,000 doesn't really go as far as you'd think. A 2070 Super, for example, is about $750 - $800.

yeah, simular pricing in australia, think my sisters cost $899 (the msi gaming x/z one) but i could build an i5/i7 system with a 2070 super for around $2000 (my sisters pc is a 9600k, and a 2070 and cost around $2400 but thats including extras that are not really needed, (corsair case, corsair k70 keyboard, corsair void headset, a  "gaming" chair)). as his budget wasnt $2000 it was $3000

6 hours ago, Scrub2.0 said:

1. Budget & Location

and he/she could save a bit of money switching the 2tb drive to say a hybrid or HDD as he said the video editing would be on a rare occasion and the graphical design could be done on the main drive and moved across to the hdd after he had finished, there are compromises to get better Gpu performance that only mean little extra work on his part (through moving files when completed)

6 hours ago, Scrub2.0 said:

2. Aim

black desert online runs about 120ish fps on high graphics settings and sits around 90ish on my 2080 super (though being an online game the fps can take a bit of a hit if your internet isnt great) at a resoloution of 2715x1527 as for some reason 1440p was not an option in the ingame settings