Mic not working on my pc. But works on gf's pc and my laptop

SumsarTheThird
Go to solution Solved by SumsarTheThird,
1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I don't know, but I doubt: a BIOS fix could help the audio driver work better or something, but being able to hear the mic tells me onboard audio is working just fine (unless there is some kind of "analog to analog bypass" for that, but I wouldn't bet on that).

The last bit of the update is the AGESA version, I think (due to google). I don't know much about what AGESA versions are related to, so I don't know, maybe worth trying anyway?

ok. i updated the bios, that didnt change anything.
then i tried updating my boards nahimic software.
that didnt help anything either...

BUT... appearantly, enabling effects in nahimic makes it work.
it doesnt matter if any effects are being applied or not, effects just have to be enabled.
picture are of me scratching the mic with effects on vs effects off. (upper left corner of nahimic tab)
and this is even if i use an external sound card.
i really appreciate your try tho.
and sorry if i came off a bit rude. i was just annoyed that my friday evening was wasted on some weird mic bug.

microphone bug.png

I cant get my standard mic to work. its just one that came with my headset. nothing fancy at all.

i have tried:
Front I/O
Back I/O
external sound card (also one that came with the headset)
Made sure that i used the correct recording devide is selected in the "control pannel for sound" thingy.

i dont really know whats wrong here.
as soon as i plug it into either my laptop or my gf's computer. it just works.
wether its from a mobo/front i/o jack or via the external sound card. doesnt matter. everything works on her pc and my laptop.

What would be my next step here ?
Im thinking it shouldnt be hardware related, as i have the problem even with an external sound card.

also made sure that recording volume is at 100% and tried with mic boost maxed as well. but it didnt change anything.

3 hours ago, SumsarTheThird said:

also made sure that recording volume is at 100% and tried with mic boost maxed as well. but it didnt change anything.

How are you testing it?

9 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

How are you testing it?

Teamspeak, Discord and audacity.
Both teamspeak and discord doesnt register any sound.
and audacity is just recording absolutely nothing. not even noise.

But i just made a discovery.
If i enable playback of my mic. you know, so i can hear whatever it record in my headset (absolutely dont want this enabled tho)
THEN i can hear the mic working. but none of the programs are picking it up. and YES. the correct sound device is selected in all of the programs! both in and output.

Also tried to talk to people on discord. they hear absolutely nothing but with the playback enabled i can hear myself in my headset. so the mic IS working.

Teamspeak, Discord and audacity.
Both teamspeak and discord doesnt register any sound.
and audacity is just recording absolutely nothing. not even noise.

But i just made a discovery.
If i enable playback of my mic. you know, so i can hear whatever it record in my headset (absolutely dont want this enabled tho)
THEN i can hear the mic working. but none of the programs are picking it up. and YES. the correct sound device is selected in all of the programs! both in and output.

Also tried to talk to people on discord. they hear absolutely nothing but with the playback enabled i can hear myself in my headset. so the mic IS working.

That's very puzzling. If you can hear yourself with "listen to this device" enabled, that means not only that the mic is working, but also that it's making its way to the sound chip and then to the output jack without problems. Which leads me to believe that it has to be a software issue, but what exactly? o.O You already ruled out the obvious "I forgot about X setting" options, I think... 

9 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's very puzzling. If you can hear yourself with "listen to this device" enabled, that means not only that the mic is working, but also that it's making its way to the sound chip and then to the output jack without problems. Which leads me to believe that it has to be a software issue, but what exactly? o.O You already ruled out the obvious "I forgot about X setting" options, I think... 

Could this maybe be bios related ? its been a while since i updated my bios. but the only thing they have added since then (at least whats written on their page) is more memory compatibility, Improved system bootup time and AMD ComboPI1.0.0.3abba (whatever that is)

Could this maybe be bios related ? its been a while since i updated my bios. but the only thing they have added since then (at least whats written on their page) is more memory compatibility, Improved system bootup time and AMD ComboPI1.0.0.3abba (whatever that is)

I don't know, but I doubt: a BIOS fix could help the audio driver work better or something, but being able to hear the mic tells me onboard audio is working just fine (unless there is some kind of "analog to analog bypass" for that, but I wouldn't bet on that).

The last bit of the update is the AGESA version, I think (due to google). I don't know much about what AGESA versions are related to, so I don't know, maybe worth trying anyway?

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

ok. i updated the bios, that didnt change anything.
then i tried updating my boards nahimic software.
that didnt help anything either...

BUT... appearantly, enabling effects in nahimic makes it work.
it doesnt matter if any effects are being applied or not, effects just have to be enabled.
picture are of me scratching the mic with effects on vs effects off. (upper left corner of nahimic tab)
and this is even if i use an external sound card.
i really appreciate your try tho.
and sorry if i came off a bit rude. i was just annoyed that my friday evening was wasted on some weird mic bug.

microphone bug.png

Not at all, dude. Glad you found a fix!