Received a returned AIO from amazon

bondoao1

I ordered a Corsair H115i RGB platinum from Amazon and when I opened the box there was a Amazon Return label on the box for the AIO.

It was definitely not factory sealed, but when I opened it up and I didn't see anything wrong with it, but who knows right?
My question is would you use it? or send it back?

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case

If you bought it new then complain to amazon and dont use it. If you bought it refurbished then well go ahead 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Not a chance i would use it. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Depends what the post said. If you purchased a new one I would most likely return as its not new if the box has been opened. Use stock cooler till you get new one from amazon in mean time? If the post said its refurbished then sounds as per normal. 

Out of curiosity.. Is there any thermal paste still applied to the cooler?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Out of curiosity.. Is there any thermal paste still applied to the cooler?

Yes but it is smudged, appears that it was possibly placed on something but not fully tightened over a cpu, if that makes sense.

I think I will be giving Amazon a call.

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

EVGA 750 GQ

Just now, bondoao1 said:

Yes but it is smudged, appears that it was possibly placed on something but not fully tightened over a cpu, if that makes sense.

I think I will be giving Amazon a call.

In that case I would return it or at least get some money back.

If the cooler was fully intact (as if someone opened the box and closed it right away) I would be alright with it, but with obviously used stuff they didn't even bother to 'clear up' or sell as an open box thing, I would not accept.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, minibois said:

In that case I would return it or at least get some money back.

If the cooler was fully intact (as if someone opened the box and closed it right away) I would be alright with it, but with obviously used stuff they didn't even bother to 'clear up' or sell as an open box thing, I would not accept.

Thanks for all of the replies. 

I ended up calling Amazon.

I informed them that I had received a returned item with the "Amazon Returns" shipping lable still on the item's box. 
I told them I can send them pics if they wanted, but they were very apologetic and told me that a new one has been shipped to me already and will be delivered tomorrow.

I was also told they sent me a return shipping label for the one that I was calling about. 
I verified in my orders that there was another AIO with scheduled delivery for tomorrow, and in my email was the RMA shipping label, so I thanked him and hung up. 

It would have bugged me if I would have installed this AIO in my pc, even if there was nothing wrong with it.

Not knowing if there was a problem with it, or maybe it just wasn't the exact one someone else wanted, I didn't want to take that risk. 

Again thanks for the replies. 

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

EVGA 750 GQ