Assessment Centre

ITJINN

Hello everyone, 

I have received an invitation to assessment centre for a 1st line support analyst. I was wonder if you knew what the assessment may consist and if there’s any advice you can give me? 

Kind regards

Edited by ITJINN
I had been invited after passing their technical questions

Like cold?  And they’re not saying what the “assessment” is for or who is doing it or why?

You need more information.  

If you do go in cold and they want you to drop trou or start talking about the “science of soul travel” or “engrams” run.  Those three are really all versions of the same thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I passed their technical test online.

it will be 3 hours long. So I was wondering what could it be?

58 minutes ago, ITJINN said:

I passed their technical test online.

it will be 3 hours long. So I was wondering what could it be?

“Their” still not defined.  You are providing next to zero information.  This could be a tech company, a government, a cult, a gang, anything.

Who do they claim to be?  I suppose it’s possible you do not wish to divulge a “hot lead” or something.  There are cults that use job interviews as cover.  It’s quite unusual, but it has happened.

If you can’t divulge information at least find it out for yourself.

Because there is no info, worst cases have to be examined.  If it is a worst case scenario, have an exit handy.  A standard scenario for an abusive group is to trap a person so they have to agree to something they wouldn’t have had they not been trapped.  Avoiding being trapped saves a lot of hassle.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

“A trace” huh?  A trace of what?  Is there some assumption that him merely wanting to know who he would be working for represents an unacceptable level of some attitude?  

that distinction between tech and cult is wearing a bit thin.

Makes me glad for the first time in 30 years I didn’t go into an IT field.  That’s creepy as hell.

why is the op so vague then

can seem sketchy or just wanna be private

maybe a slip up and bam we got a company or a city or a state

My guess is there is some sort of NDA, or he doesn’t know, or he’s hoping that the mere mention of the exact test time is enough to elicit knowledge Which would mean it’s a really common or famous thing, so he’s either bragging or fishing for hints on how to do well on the test.

the only one I can react to is “doesn’t know” so I go with that one.  If he knows then none of what I said matters.  He’s safe.

If he’s doing some sort of quasi pseudo secret crow about “I’m taking the “X” test!” or whatnot no one will tell him anything anyway whether they could or not.  Respect will drop.  Still safe though.

The only bit that matters is if it isn’t what he thinks it is and is some sort of entrapment scam, so I tell him to take precautions, but not to not go, because I don’t know if it’s a scam or not.

41 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

hopefully there are no 'fee's' to pay to the entity "hiring"

“Fees” are only paid if it’s a lottery job or a scam.  In either case the chances of being hired are nearly zero.  Or zero, depending.  Throwing money down a hole.  At least in the USA, anyway.  I know not a whole lot about living inside it though I’ve done it for much of my life.  Outside of it I know a whole lot less though.

He’s putting up 3 hours of his time for something he might not get.  If they want money on top of that something is funky.

-> Moved to Off Topic

Way too vague to leave at GD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv