Recommend me a headset

Kinantay4
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,

The Sennheiser GSP300's, normally $99 are currently $79.65 on amazon. CamelCamelCamel showed that last year during Black Friday the headset was as low as $70, so it might pay to wait two weeks if you can

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GSP-300-Closed-Headset/dp/B01KV3BB0S

The main advantage to this over something like the Hyper X's is the microphone sound quality. 

Greetings!

Recently, my headphones broke, and to be honest, I'm so sick and tired of buying headphones that won't last a year, so I decided to rise my expected budget to 70$ or 80$.

I want the headset to have: a very good audio quality, surround sound and a good lifespan. I usually use them for gaming, and sometimes for listening to music.

Most of my friends recommended Hyperx CloudX and it's not bad. What about you guys? What do you recommend me to buy?

Thanks for your time :)

6 minutes ago, Kinantay4 said:

What do you recommend me to buy?

$1.00 Headphones They've lasted me 4 years and sound like sound.

For gaming, I use these...

xo7.png.jpg.d98f5fcf14921b279ce1b8dcd11541e7.jpg

Cost me $50.00 at Bestbuy a good two-three years ago. Price has went up dramatically but you can find them at Bestbuy on a sale randomly.

2 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

You beat me to the sarcastic answer

I do recommend HyperX cloud tho. From what I hear (no pun intended) they're a pretty good pair of headphones

1 minute ago, Intransigent said:

Maybe I would pick this one for listening to music in the gym, but definitely not for gaming, I mean they surely they don't meet with those specs:

9 minutes ago, Kinantay4 said:

a very good audio quality, surround sound

And a headset would be a much better.

1 minute ago, J4C0B 4W3S0M3 said:

cloud

Do you recommend cloudX too? or cloud II?

I don't know the difference. I'd imagine both are good with the rep they have.

I personally use a cheap gaming headset from Gamestop, and they're pretty good (despite the mic not being great)

Cooler Master my 752/751 basically next gen clouds. The clouds are based off the takstar pro 80 headphone while the cooler master are based off the takstar pro 82 which is a better sounding more comfortable headphone

3 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

$1.00 Headphones w/ Headset

I know you are trolling at this point, but just... just in case you are not, read the specs that I actually want

4 hours ago, Kinantay4 said:

a very good audio quality, surround sound and a good lifespan. I usually use them for gaming

I picked up the Corsair HS60 gaming headset from bestbuy, the headset is normally $80 but they have black friday sales marking it down to $39.99.

Pc Specs: 

Ryzen 7 5800x- ROG STRIX X470-F  - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz - Kraken X63 AIO - MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 - EVGA 1000W GW - NZXT H500i

5 minutes ago, battlebox56 said:

I picked up the Corsair HS60 gaming headset from bestbuy, the headset is normally $80 but they have black friday sales marking it down to $39.99.

Regardless of the price, is the quality better than the cloudx?

29 minutes ago, Kinantay4 said:

I know you are trolling at this point, but just... just in case you are not, read the specs that I actually want

Definitely not trolling. Which is why I also provided a high value gaming headset that I've been using for a few years now.

29 minutes ago, Kinantay4 said:

a very good audio quality, surround sound and a good lifespan. I usually use them for gaming

I wouldn't recommend them if they were garbage... "They've lasted me 4 years and sound like sound."

They may not have "very good" audio, but they do provide "good" audio. They may not provide surround sound but they do provide sound. And finally, the very first pair I recommended I own and have lasted me 4 years. You can't go wrong for $1.00.

As for the Turtle Beaches, I can't recommend them enough. The sound is so excellent, you can hear peoples footsteps in the exact direction they're coming from and they get louder the closer they are to you. What I like most is the ability to mix the sound of the game and the sound of other people talking to you. You can balance them to your liking.

And as you can see, these suckers have went up dramatically in price... $500 Turtle Beach XO Seven Pros. Can't believe I got them for $50.

14 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

They may not have "very good" audio, but they do provide "good" audio. They may not provide surround sound but they do provide sound. And finally, the very first pair I recommended I own and have lasted me 4 years. You can't go wrong for $1.00.

still they lack the basic needs for a competitive gaming headset. In games like cs:go and Apex, surround sound can improve your winning chances a lot. Sure, 1$ is a great price, but the product is a far cry from the specs that I need

5 minutes ago, Kinantay4 said:

still they lack the basic needs for a competitive gaming headset. In games like cs:go and Apex, surround sound can improve your winning chances a lot. Sure, 1$ is a great price, but the product is a far cry from the specs that I need

Completely understandable and the reason I highly recommend the Turtle Beaches. Or any pair of Turtle Beaches that you pay over $50 for really. They meet all the criteria of your needs.

2 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

They meet all the criteria of your needs.

I will do furthermore investigations, then I will decide which one is better, the turtle beaches or cloudx.
Thanks for the help mate.

4 minutes ago, Kinantay4 said:

I will do furthermore investigations, then I will decide which one is better, the turtle beaches or cloudx. Thanks for the help mate.

Welcome. Tbh, the CloudX's are a very good set of headphones too and are much cheaper... $69.99 HyperX CloudX Pro. You really can't go wrong with either.

The Sennheiser GSP300's, normally $99 are currently $79.65 on amazon. CamelCamelCamel showed that last year during Black Friday the headset was as low as $70, so it might pay to wait two weeks if you can

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GSP-300-Closed-Headset/dp/B01KV3BB0S

The main advantage to this over something like the Hyper X's is the microphone sound quality. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 hours ago, Kinantay4 said:

I will do furthermore investigations, then I will decide which one is better, the turtle beaches or cloudx.
Thanks for the help mate.

I would seriously reccomend considering the cooler masters or if youi live in the US I would seriously reccomend these as these are hands down the best gaming headset under like $200

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

That's actually weird, I was told that one of the main advantages of hyperx over other headsets is the sound quality.

A great option to go with tho, thanks for the advise.

58 minutes ago, rice guru said:

cooler masters

Can you be more specific? I can't tell which one you exactly mean

2 minutes ago, Kinantay4 said:

Can you be more specific? I can't tell which one you exactly mean

MH 751/752. they are better soundingmore comfortable sounding versions of the clouds

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

MH 751/752

You are right, everyone seems to recommend this one based on their experience.

However, neither this one nor GSP 300 are available in my country's amazon

7 hours ago, Kinantay4 said:

That's actually weird, I was told that one of the main advantages of hyperx over other headsets is the sound quality.

A great option to go with tho, thanks for the advise.

The quality of the drivers (the speakers in the headphones) are one of the things people claim are great in the Hyper Cloud X's. In fairness, this is because most gaming headsets suck at reproducing sound well, though newer headsets are becoming much better with time. That's not to say that the Hyper X's are bad by any means. My comparison was of the microphone sound quality (how clearly you can be heard by your teammates) which is one of those things where you know if someone bought a $5 headset from Wal-mart, because they sound like they're talking through a walkie talkie at the other end of a tin can (If you've ever played a COD or Battlefield game during the PS3/xbox 360 era, you know exactly what I'm talking about). 

7 hours ago, Kinantay4 said:

However, neither this one nor GSP 300 are available in my country's amazon

It helps if we know where you're located! While GSP300's or MH 751's are better overall headsets for the $$$, it doesn't matter if you cant buy them!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

20 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It helps if we know where you're located!

I live in Dubai. I decided to go with the GSP 300, so I told my brother to bring me one from Germany.

This video sums up why I decided to go with this headset: 

20 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The quality of the drivers (the speakers in the headphones) are one of the things people claim are great in the Hyper Cloud X's. In fairness, this is because most gaming headsets suck at reproducing sound well

So you mean there is the good (Hyper CloudX), and there is the better (GSP 300).

4 hours ago, Kinantay4 said:

So you mean there is the good (Hyper CloudX), and there is the better (GSP 300).

In terms of strictly mic quality (which I have personally heard recordings of both) yes. Having not myself heard both headsets I'd have to assume headphone audio quality is similar, however I have an opportunity to try my sisters GSP300's son (Since I just got them for her for her birthday ;) )

Screenshot_20191116-093223_Messenger.jpg