FCC Motola Razr Foldable phone FCC photo

The Sloth
14 hours ago, mr moose said:

Now this is getting much closer to my ideal phone, so long as when folded it is robust enough to go in the front pocket of jeans I am happy.

Just don't have any dust or lint in your pocket. And never forget to use your extra soft smartphone compatible gloves when using the device. You don't want to scratch that screen or have tiny particles ruin the hinge mechanism. 

Okay I've said it before and I'll say it again. Big phones that fold smaller are freaking cool.

Now I'm not going to get the Motorola Razr. It's simply too expensive. It's also a first gen product. There will be some issues. But maybe in a few years I might be pocketing a Razr (or something like it).

I hate that there's a notch. But assuming you can block off the top of the screen like you can on other phones I would be okay with it cause the overall top of the phone is curved. It would be interesting to know what it's like to try and press buttons on the bottom try on the home screen with that chin there but overall I really like the Razr.

I can see a lot of advantages to flip phones coming back. People like larger displays. They're great for watching videos, playing games, and scrolling through twitter. But large phones are not the most practical in a lot of cases. I'm fortunate to have large pockets in my jeans because I wear male clothing. But female clothing often doesn't have pockets or if they do then they're smaller and can't take a Galaxy Note 10.

I think the specs of the Razr leave a lot to be desired. I understand they wanted to make the phone no thicker than the Razr of yesteryear, but a 2 year old CPU, tiny battery, and no MicroSD card slot on a $1500 phone, that's pretty damn steep, even for a folding phone. Samsung proved that you can fold and have high end specs. We can only hope that the Razr 2 has more up to date specs.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

5 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Just don't have any dust or lint in your pocket. And never forget to use your extra soft smartphone compatible gloves when using the device. You don't want to scratch that screen or have tiny particles ruin the hinge mechanism. 

hence why I said "robust enough"

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 hours ago, Inversion said:

Okay I've said it before and I'll say it again. Big phones that fold smaller are freaking cool.

Now I'm not going to get the Motorola Razr. It's simply too expensive. It's also a first gen product. There will be some issues. But maybe in a few years I might be pocketing a Razr (or something like it).

I hate that there's a notch. But assuming you can block off the top of the screen like you can on other phones I would be okay with it cause the overall top of the phone is curved. It would be interesting to know what it's like to try and press buttons on the bottom try on the home screen with that chin there but overall I really like the Razr.

I can see a lot of advantages to flip phones coming back. People like larger displays. They're great for watching videos, playing games, and scrolling through twitter. But large phones are not the most practical in a lot of cases. I'm fortunate to have large pockets in my jeans because I wear male clothing. But female clothing often doesn't have pockets or if they do then they're smaller and can't take a Galaxy Note 10.

I think the specs of the Razr leave a lot to be desired. I understand they wanted to make the phone no thicker than the Razr of yesteryear, but a 2 year old CPU, tiny battery, and no MicroSD card slot on a $1500 phone, that's pretty damn steep, even for a folding phone. Samsung proved that you can fold and have high end specs. We can only hope that the Razr 2 has more up to date specs.

Fitted jeans or dressy pants (for men) have small pockets. I wouldn’t be surprised if men start to wear fanny packs or « murses » (purses) because phones are getting too darn big. 

4 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Fitted jeans or dressy pants (for men) have small pockets. I wouldn’t be surprised if men start to wear fanny packs or « murses » (purses) because phones are getting too darn big. 

I have become that old man who has his keys hanging of the belt because they keep wearing holes in my small pockets.  when I go into the city I frequently leave my phone in a back pack because it does not fit in my pockets that well.  If I could have a phone in a watch (Not a smart watch but a full phone in the watch) and tether it to a small tablet for using on public transport etc I would do that over carry a phone altogether.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

14 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Legit have never had this issue. Every pair of suit trousers I've ever had has had space for my Galaxy S8 and then some. But I do see your point. Dont get me wrong I think having phones fold small is great for everyone, not just people who wear clothing designed for female bodies

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

16 hours ago, corsairian said:

A massive chin with a cut out in the screen. Seems like a perfect use of space to use the chin on bottom for all the sensors and Front Facing Camera to be in the chin. 

There is no front facing camera, you use the screen on the back where the only camera is. Which is fine IMO. 

i love the screen of my iPhone X its just the right size, but when you put it in your jeans pocket its always hanging out a bit :(

The Galaxy Fold looks great but its like a brick when folded, though i can see uses for it as a tablet its still really bit to carry around.

Razr completely gob smacked me with this, the big phone you want and its a small phone in your pocket when you aren't using it.

This is an Apple moment for Motorola, it looks beautiful, there is no screen bend.

Being an owner of the original Razr, the gravity flip open and closed slapping shut was signature to the experience.

I am impressed they managed to maintain that in this as well, even with a fragile screen.

Yes the spec's are ground breaking but for such a thin devices something has to go.

I can't see people using this as a power house. for media and light app work it seems fine.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo