FCC Motola Razr Foldable phone FCC photo

The Sloth

Ext: https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=4221141

Int: https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=4221142

All Docs: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=Y&application_id=Hhi0MpV%2Bdp2S9P2g9uw70A%3D%3D&fcc_id=IHDT56XM1

Mirror

External- https://i.imgur.com/AOuixM0.jpg

internal- https://i.imgur.com/UjH8vcU.jpg

Motorolas foldable phones FCC certification picture was shown on the FCC website ahead of launch.

Conformed specs

• 6.2-inch internal OLED display
  • 2142 x 876 resolution
  • Secondary external display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
  • 4GB or 6GB RAM
  • 64GB or 128GB storage
  • 2730mAh battery
  • price- 1500$

147443-phones-feature-motorola-razr-foldable-ev-leaks-image1-rvhltxxmk8.jpg.fe1da6dd5c0392ea3f7a66597017cfe1.jpg

News article

-https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/motorola/147443-motorola-razr-foldable-phone-release-date-specs-features-price

-https://www.techradar.com/news/motorola-razr-foldable-phone-images-leak-ahead-of-launch-event

-https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/13/motorla-foldable-display-razr-fcc-leak/

Opinion

Looks cool, its nice to see the phone manufacturers innovating, this form factor will be hell for app devs. I can't think of a senerio whare i would want a phone like this in my daily life, fold does the whole foldable thing a lot better. Leaked specs seems unimpressive, not even a 1080p display seems lazy, especially for such high price.

Edit- Proper format, added more links.. ect.

Apparently I am not authorized to access this information according to the website

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If this is anything to go by they're asking 1,500 USD for it, possibly even a Verizon only phone in the States. I'm interested in the form factor, but with its absolutely massive chin (captures the nostalgia I guess of the original) it'll be a hard pass from me. Imagine holding that thing in landscape trying to watch any type of content, you have one sensible side and then this awkward growth on the other.  

@nerdslayer1 , really? I expected better of you. There's literally next to no effort in that post...

7 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

If this is anything to go by they're asking 1,500 USD for it, possibly even a Verizon only phone in the States. I'm interested in the form factor, but with its absolutely massive chin (captures the nostalgia I guess of the original) it'll be a hard pass from me. Imagine holding that thing in landscape trying to watch any type of content, you have one sensible side and then this awkward growth on the other. 

I don't get this version of a foldable phone, at least not yet. It's too thick. So, sure, it'll take up less space in your pocket...but it's just vertical space that, realistically, you weren't using anyway. On top of that, the battery is going to be tiny, so when you do finally fold out that huge display, your screen time is going to be greatly reduced.

They should stick to the other format for foldables.

As for this phone in particular....she a thick bitch. Not something I'd even consider.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Now this is getting much closer to my ideal phone, so long as when folded it is robust enough to go in the front pocket of jeans I am happy.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

@nerdslayer1 , really? I expected better of you. There's literally next to no effort in that post...

I don't get this version of a foldable phone, at least not yet. It's too thick. So, sure, it'll take up less space in your pocket...but it's just vertical space that, realistically, you weren't using anyway. On top of that, the battery is going to be tiny, so when you do finally fold out that huge display, your screen time is going to be greatly reduced.

As for this phone in particular....she a thick bitch. Not something I'd even consider.

To each his own, I don't need a folding tablet in my pocket. I'd rather have something that's similar in size to my current phone and can fold into something smaller when it's not in use. The Galaxy Fold has a thickness equivalent to two standard phones when folded. We're still in the very early days of foldables but we'll get there soon enough. 

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Sorry mate, wife texted this to me while i was at work,so i shared it on the forum. forgot about the whole news format rule, i will edit it now.

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

I agree, can't think of a single scenario where i would use this over the Fold, no idea how they would market it outside of nostalgia. Apps are a whole different story, i wonder what the devs will do. 

1 hour ago, Ehmc130 said:

To each his own, I don't need a folding tablet in my pocket. I'd rather have something that's similar in size to my current phone and can fold into something smaller when it's not in use. The Galaxy Fold has a thickness equivalent to two standard phones when folded. We're still in the very early days of foldables but we'll get there soon enough. 

So does this...

There's too many compromises with this type of folding phone. Unless you really don't use it often, it's going to die extremely quickly.

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Sorry mate, wife texted this to me while i was at work,so i share it on the forum. forgot about the whole news format rule, i will edit it now.

I agree, can't think of a single scenario where i would use this over the Fold, no idea how they would market it outside of nostalgia. Apps are a whole different story, i wonder what the devs will do. 

I almost wish the fold was wider, tbh. Squeeze a little more out of it. It'll slowly grow, I'm sure, just like the Note did.

I can see devs jumping on it. Folding phones are the future. Don't want to be left behind.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

So does this...

There's too many compromises with this type of folding phone. Unless you really don't use it often, it's going to die extremely quickly.

Are you referring to the Fold and the RAZR, or just the RAZR? Both are susceptible to the same damage from repetitive hinge actuation with delicate displays and ribbon cables.  

2 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

Are you referring to the Fold and the RAZR, or just the RAZR? Both are susceptible to the same damage from repetitive hinge actuation with delicate displays and ribbon cables.  

Die as in a significantly smaller battery...

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Holy crap that price... I'm not in the mood to comment on if it's "worth it" or "fair" or not so I'll leave that to someone else, but I will just say that it's quite a shock.  I for some reason thought this might be a "bring folding to the masses" sort of device that the average person could and would buy, but clearly I was mistaken.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

12 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Die as in a significantly smaller battery...

Well yeah they have to keep the RAZR tradition alive, it's customary to have horrible battery life. ?

I was expecting the folding RAZR to be a mid-range priced phone, definitely not worth $1,500 if it only has a 2730mAh battery and an SD710.

Yeah... so not more interesting than the fold at any price, let alone 1500 (potentially). Wowza.

I mean... early adopter tax is real. Just... wow.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Haha, I just watched the Mr Mobile video....wow. Just wow. An even smaller battery than was leaked? That's just sad.

It'll be interesting to see how many of these they actually end up selling.

Samsung for the next few years will be the king of foldables though. They signed an exclusivity agreement for foldable glass.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Have another video:

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 hours ago, Ehmc130 said:

A massive chin with a cut out in the screen. Seems like a perfect use of space to use the chin on bottom for all the sensors and Front Facing Camera to be in the chin. 

It looks cool I have to give them that, but not 1499 reasons worth of cool. Because that's how much it'll cost in US of dollars. Auch. Especially given it runs only 2500mAh battery and Snapdragon 710. Which is probably partially a reason why they used those components. Limited space for cooling capacity and battery capacity.

11 hours ago, Ehmc130 said:

I'm the opposite. They nailed it. Physical like buttons (finger print scanner), using the notch correctly. Full protection of screen when closed (and dual screen for notifications/selfie cam).

As for form factor, this is really key. They will just upgrade the tech as time goes by.

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

There's literally next to no effort in that post...

those are the best posts!

It's wicked cool but I'm going to wait until the tech matures a bit more. And I want to see the real durability of these screens. 

2 hours ago, TechyBen said:

I'm the opposite. They nailed it. Physical like buttons (finger print scanner), using the notch correctly. Full protection of screen when closed (and dual screen for notifications/selfie cam).

As for form factor, this is really key. They will just upgrade the tech as time goes by.

Yeah from seeing a few videos the phone definitely looks well thought out, the fingerprint scanner is placed so you can easily put a thumb on it,  and the phone folds down without a gap unlike the Galaxy Fold, but the $1500 price tag still isn't worth it IMO.

MUST. NOT. BUY. *hand trembling intensifies*

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Every article keeps going on about the razor being the first flip phone and the year 2003 keeps being mentioned... But a friend of mine had a flip phone back in 98, I remember because he kept trying to use it like Captain Kirk and failing... and 98 is when he moved away and we lost touch not long after.

After some quick research... the motorola StarTAC was the first ever flip phone released in 1996... at least the first with the familiar clamshell design... But in 1989, they also released the MicroTAC which was a semi flip design.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.