Whole D drive access denied! Recycling bin corrupted?

Last week I swapped out my main boot drive to test out my secondary computer's M.2 SSD then I swapped it back to my main boot SSD. At first some subdirectories on my WD 2tb D drive started to pop up an access denied error. I was busy at the time so I couldn't pay much attention to it but then the error started appearing when trying to access the drive itself. I've been trying for many days to fix the problem by the permissions and security settings of the files. I had to change ownership back to administrators and the system because it started displaying no ownership, not even the system. At first it started showing errors saying that some files like the recycling bin or the WindowsApps folder "failed to enumerate objects in the container." By now the icon of the drive changed to just say NTFS instead of showing the amount of used space on it. I resetted the recycling bins through cmd and was able to take ownership of the drive but I could still not access it so I tried checking the "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permission entries from this object" box and it tried changing the permissions of the files on the drive but the "failed to enumerate objects in the container" error showed for almost every subfolder of the drive. I've been through many hard drive failures and have experience the lost of terabytes of data so I'm familiar with corruption but this drive is relatively new and is used for recording storage and games. There are a lot of files of important footage all in one folder that I would like to save, everything else is just games or I have a backup of. I just wanted to know if there's no hope before I try to format the drive. Thanks for reading this long if there's any questions please ask. 

image.png.becc15787c5e49fa2cc9f80d226e3434.png 

image.png.300ef7b094ea5a467ee14f70eb14b007.png

image.png.138e071d39b75235656f31d216d6fb48.png

image.png